Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
World of Warcraft Hackers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
techmatt56
Rated PG

PostPosted: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 08:58:19    Post Subject: World of Warcraft Hackers Reply with quote View Single Post

Over the years of playing WoW I've had so many troubles with hackers. Recently, apparently they changed my password to my account. (Of course I can get it back but that means I have to wait on the phone for blizzard to answer 5 hours later.) However, I'm not worried about that. I acutally just want to track the source and ruin his/her computer.

If anyone knows any kind of tracking software + troubleshooting on making a worm, I'd be most grateful.

Don't post replys with the tracking software or how to troubleshoot a worm. I think there might be some complications due to the terms and agreement for this forum. Please e-mail me.

Censored
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 11:32:24    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Asking for a way to log things might be reasonable - but you probably don't want to be soliciting help for a worm here (or anywhere really). Not the best idea to get involved with that - just do your best to protect your account.
Kilamon
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 12:00:47    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

change your PW and use the PCTools Random Password Generator to set a new one. If you write the password down, keep the paper with you and/or finish memorizing it and burn it afterward.
Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 13:26:27    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

WOW also has the key FOB you can get to do full authentication. THey sell out very fast though so you'll have to keep an eye on their store to get one.
neilkevins
Rated PG

PostPosted: Sat, 07 Nov 2009 02:14:40    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

hi there...

when i log in into wrath of the lich king for the first time i cant pick either the language or the realm i rest the cursor over either and nothing happens thanks in advance. ian. p.s as previously advised changing the screen resolution didnt help...
Blake
Unwillingly Unwitty

PostPosted: Mon, 09 Nov 2009 16:27:58    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Sorry to to hear that but it does sound like an unusual problem. If this just happened after the expansion installation I would have to guess something went wrong during the installation. Are you tried running the repair tool located in WOW folder? I think it is called Repair.exe.
MichelleN
Rated PG

PostPosted: Sun, 28 Feb 2010 09:51:15    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Create a password that contains numbers, upper and lower cases, etc. Just make it harder for the hackers to get it.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

TomatoSlayer
Rated PG-13

PostPosted: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 14:43:13    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

MichelleN wrote:
Create a password that contains numbers, upper and lower cases, etc. Just make it harder for the hackers to get it.

Even then, it can be fairly easy for someone to get in.

I've had my account compromised once. I had an 8-character password with numbers and letters, alternating some letters' capitalization, and it was still compromised. Blizzard helped me recover my account (in only a few days!), and I attached an authenticator of my own as soon as I could.

You can't stop them, but you surely can make it more difficult.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Games All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: