Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
DIY Diamond Thermal Compound
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Overclocking, Cooling, and Modding
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zachig
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 05 Aug 2009 02:45:58    Post Subject: DIY Diamond Thermal Compound Reply with quote View Single Post

Hey guys,

I just this project/article over the internet, showing how to make your own Thermal Compound, made of Diamonds Dust. Yeah, you heard me right, Diamonds! Grin

Quote:
Anybody who is a true computer hardware enthusiast these days knows that keeping your CPU from overheating while pushing it to its limits is one of the most important concerns. Thermal compounds like arctic silver are the front line of that defense, conducting the heat directly from the CPU to the heat sink. Without the compound, small imperfections in the surface of the heat sink can render the heat sink almost useless and lesser compounds can actually insulate your processor. Thermal compounds that are available for purchase have remained unchanged for some time. So I descided it was time to reinvent my thermal compound needs with some diamond dust!

You must read this, you'll be amazed by the results:

FULL ARTICLE/PROJECT:
http://inventgeek.com/Projects/DiamondGrease/overview.aspx

Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P Motherboard
OCZ Gold PC2-6400 DDR2 800MHz 2x2048MB @5-5-5-15-2T
Zotac GTX275 @713/1512/1260
2x250GB WD H.D in RAID 0
Mushkin 650W PSU
Viewsonic 22" VX2235WM LCD
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Optix
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 21:17:05    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Thanks for the read. I had heard about this a while back but couldn't find the article when I finally had time to read it. I'll leave the mixing to the pro's. I know this is a total thread necro but I enjoyed reading it.
eden999
Rated PG-13

PostPosted: Thu, 08 Apr 2010 08:56:29    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

agreed, it sounds pretty cool, but i would also leave it up to the pros.
eunoia
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 05 Jul 2010 03:13:42    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Innovation cooling built their entire business on this article, like what, 3-4 years ago?
Ryuujin
Rated PG

PostPosted: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 18:43:22    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

but is diamond really that good of conductors?
faizan33
Rated PG

PostPosted: Thu, 04 Sep 2014 02:17:19    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Innovation cooling built their entire business on this article, like what, 3-4 years ago?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Overclocking, Cooling, and Modding All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: