Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Looking for a CPU Cooler
Go To Page Previous  1, 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Overclocking, Cooling, and Modding
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lockhead
Rated R

PostPosted: Mon, 01 Jun 2009 12:16:51    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Digerati wrote:
nolonger wrote:
I'm thinking on going with a Tuniq Tower. I'll have to wait and see how that turns out.

Having tried both, I can tell you that the Core Contact Freezer is a better buy by a long shot. The Tuniq Tower was a PITA to work with. Personally, my favorite heatsink is the Noctua NH-C12P. It's super quiet and it performs very well. The construction of Noctua products is second to none.

Mine is a Noctua NH-U12P and I'm loving it Wink

Intel Q9550 @ 4.0 Ghz with Noctua NH-U12P | ASUS P5Q Deluxe | 2 x 2GB OCZ Blade 1066 MHZ | 160GB Samsung | 500GB Maxtor | Corsair HX750W | LG Dual layer DVDRW | Diamond 4890 XOC | 20" Samsung 2043NWX | Scythe Kaze Master | Gigabyte Case
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

nolonger
Rated R

PostPosted: Mon, 01 Jun 2009 17:30:15    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I actually know someone who MIGHT give me a Tuniq Tower. I live in Brazil so all coolers are expensive here (start at $75 pretty much). I was thinking under $50 so I could buy it from eBay and get it mailed here if that doesn't work.
veleb
Rated PG-13

PostPosted: Wed, 03 Jun 2009 19:25:14    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

x.clay wrote:
I would check out some of the coolers from Xigmatek. They don't cost a ton and perform very well.

I can confirm this. After seeing 2 friends using it and checking some reviews I can recommend them.
Synon
Rated PG

PostPosted: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 02:47:21    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

anonemus wrote:
But the Noctua is more than $50, no?

For something below $20, I'm eyeing the soon-to-be introduced Cooler Master Hyper TX-3. Newegg doesn't have it yet:

http://www.coolermaster.com/products/product.php?language=en&act=detail&id=6691

Linky no work.
Roblet
Rated PG

PostPosted: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 11:46:13    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

nolonger
Rated R

PostPosted: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 18:39:38    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I forgot to update this thread. I ended up getting a Thermalright Ultra-90 off a friend. Thanks for all the suggestions!
Gilso
Rated PG

PostPosted: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 21:52:11    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I use a Scythe MUGEN-2, very happy with it

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835185093
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

mynameisthis
Rated PG

PostPosted: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 20:44:33    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Google Hardware-Revolution. It has a list of best CPUs for your money on the front page.

Just scroll through. It's up to date and links straight to the better deals on the coolers. I use the cheapest one on the list and it keeps me runnin at 20C.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Overclocking, Cooling, and Modding All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: