Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
WOW! A Twitter worm
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 12:03:32    Post Subject: WOW! A Twitter worm Reply with quote View Single Post

What a shocker... another useless stupid a$$ "social networking" site has yet another worm running through it.

http://www.f-secure.com/weblog/archives/00001653.html

Have fun letting everyone know when you have a bowel movement.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

acruxksa
Doh!

PostPosted: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 12:54:30    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Imagine the pandemonium when they manage to come up with a worm/virus that infects iPhones Grin
Put Beer Here

PostPosted: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 05:01:06    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

im tweeting this
Modulok
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 10:31:31    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Besides spamming twitter's site, is there any risk for an end user?
Kilamon
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 12:24:26    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 12:52:33    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Right now it's X-Site Scripting to another "competing" site. but I would expect that to change very quickly.

So yes, there is a danger. Because you could be on their site and suddenly the XSS could connect you to a site that downloads all kinds of stuff to your computer.
Modulok
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 13:25:58    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Well, I did already block all social networking sites (from URLBlacklist.com). Just wondering what would happen to a user if they did find an infected twitter page.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 13:39:49    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Modulok wrote:
Well, I did already block all social networking sites (from URLBlacklist.com). Just wondering what would happen to a user if they did find an infected twitter page.

I haven't heard of anything real bad, for now. But these social networking sites are prime targets for malware/trojan/virus/spyware "makers".
Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 14:08:17    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

BeerCheeze wrote:
Modulok wrote:

I haven't heard of anything real bad, for now. But these social networking sites are prime targets for malware/trojan/virus/spyware "makers".

Exactly the reason I don't go to any of them. I had them all blocked as well, but recently unblocked Facebook and MySpace since my wife and son were complaining. Told them the first time I find a virus/malware from them they're blocked permanently LOL
borschtBomber[SS]
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 15:40:19    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

hahah, this makes me chuckle. On another note..I hate the name 'twitter'..just sounds wrong in so many ways to me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> The Den All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: