Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
64 bit Vista/Windows 7 Gaming
Gaming in a 64bit platform......
Go To Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Templar
Rated PG-13

PostPosted: Sat, 18 Apr 2009 12:26:31    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Well, as soon as I can get my hands on a new 4890 card, I will be installing one of my 4830's in the computer running Win 7 and selling the other 4830. Hopefully, this will sort out the issues I am having with 7 and NWN2.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

lockhead
Rated R

PostPosted: Sat, 18 Apr 2009 16:57:46    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

rj_cool81 wrote:
This is also the main issue i want to know about Windows 7.

Is it really game-compatible..

Just downloaded a win7 iso. Want to try but worried bout not being game friendly..

I have no problems running games on Windows 7. Tried COD4, Crysis, Crysis Warhead, World in Conflict, FEAR, FEAR2, COD-WAW, FC2 and so on and so forth hehe..

You should try Win7. I like the UI very much and did I say it's not resource hungry?

Intel Q9550 @ 4.0 Ghz with Noctua NH-U12P | ASUS P5Q Deluxe | 2 x 2GB OCZ Blade 1066 MHZ | 160GB Samsung | 500GB Maxtor | Corsair HX750W | LG Dual layer DVDRW | Diamond 4890 XOC | 20" Samsung 2043NWX | Scythe Kaze Master | Gigabyte Case
rj_cool81
Rated PG-13

PostPosted: Sat, 18 Apr 2009 20:53:32    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

lockhead wrote:
rj_cool81 wrote:
This is also the main issue i want to know about Windows 7.

Is it really game-compatible..

Just downloaded a win7 iso. Want to try but worried bout not being game friendly..

I have no problems running games on Windows 7. Tried COD4, Crysis, Crysis Warhead, World in Conflict, FEAR, FEAR2, COD-WAW, FC2 and so on and so forth hehe..

You should try Win7. I like the UI very much and did I say it's not resource hungry?

thanks for the heads up.. i'll try it.. Wave

Antec LANBOY | Intel Q6600 @ 3.2 (400x8) | Zalman CNPS9700NT | MSI P45 Platinum ZILENT Ed. | Team Xtreem Dark 1066 2x2GB (4-4-4-9 @ 1:1) | Palit 9800GT Sonic 512MB | SeaGate 500+320GB SATA HDD | HEC WinPower 550w | HP w2228H 22" LCD
Asthetic
Rated PG-13

PostPosted: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 10:43:48    Post Subject: Re: 64 bit Vista/Windows 7 Gaming Reply with quote View Single Post

anerky99 wrote:
Have people been having any problems with running a games on 64 bit systems, either windows 7 or Vista. Cos im looking at getting windows 7 64bit for a new gaming system but was wondering about the games that are available that work completely.
Anyone use either of the systems and had any problems??
What are people playing on either of the 64bit platforms??

Im running 64 bit Premium and I have not had any trouble at all. Most comanies are making everything Vista compatable now or vista was made simular enough to XP to allow it to run. The only annoying thing is that for most downloaded games it asks for permision to play. I think they should make a "Always use this choice" like they did back in XP. Also need to make an override for unsigned drivers. I know that Microsoft is trying to keep us safe, but it becomes a pain when you cannot force the PC to do what you want.

Better than a mac anyway. lol
curly haired boy
Rated PG

PostPosted: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 09:02:23    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I run most source games in -32bit mode, as i found 64 bit mode made HL2 crash when loading saves. other than that, i haven't had any troubles, and i'm running Vista Ultimate 64.
Rated PG

PostPosted: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 10:08:49    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

yups had no problem with 64-bit games on my laptop........(vista)
papajohn
Rated PG-13

PostPosted: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 23:57:18    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I saw some preliminary gaming benchmarks on windows 7 versus Vista for 32bit and 64bit. Didn't show Windows 7 winning but then again it's not a final product yet. Guess we'll have to wait for drivers and updates.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

gbronzer
Rated PG

PostPosted: Tue, 19 May 2009 12:04:30    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I just installed Windows 7 64-bit as my first foray into 64bit computing. So far no issues with my games, but I haven't tried any old ones either.
Steviepunk
Rated PG

PostPosted: Tue, 19 May 2009 12:15:29    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I've been running Vista 64 Ultimate for just over a year now and for the most part I've not had any issues. I think anything relatively recent (or at least written with XP in mind) should be ok.

Only game I've had any problem with was just recently when I dusted off 'Pax Imperia: Eminent Domain', so far I've not been able to get that to run on Vista 64 at all (I don't think I'd ever run it on XP, I was probably on win98 the last time I played it).
cmcastl
Rated PG

PostPosted: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 15:06:22    Post Subject: Microsoft Seven and games compatibility Reply with quote View Single Post

Sad

I googled and this was one of the websites I came across, with its concerns about Microsoft Seven and games.

I have just upgraded tower and OS to Microsoft Seven and am a bit frustrated. So far I can't play Pax Imperia 2 Eminent Domain and the Civilization 4: Beyond the Sword Planetfall mod with Seven and can't find out how on the web I may do so. I have a stack of games on my shelf at least some of which I fear may have the same terminal problem.

I am not terribly impressed with the Seven compatibility program which seems unable to mimic earlier MOS OS as far as I can see for an increasing variety of games. I was previously on XP and never had these problems but I guess Seven is still so "out there"?

Still, the course of true love and computer upgrades never did run smooth.

Live long and prosper.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: