Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Internet Explorer 8
Go To Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
killap4oc
Rated PG

PostPosted: Mon, 06 Apr 2009 14:44:20    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I have been evaluating IE on a virtual machine under Hyper-V for the past several weeks. While it seems to be a tad bit more secure, these security settings can easily be disabled if found annoying. One of the first things I had noticed was what felt like a significant improvement in which it took to open the application. It also seems to use a little bit less ram then IE 7. Personally I am not a big fan on IE, as I keep my roots away from it. However for as well as it performs, I really cannot complain too much.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

zachig
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 07 Apr 2009 10:57:59    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I just installed IE8 about 2 weeks ago and I'm quite satisfied with it.

It has many advantages and improvements over IE7. I personally like the 'secure' and 'private' surfing option it offers, but it also works much faster than IE7, at least that's what I feel... Smile
hatem
Rated PG

PostPosted: Tue, 07 Apr 2009 15:49:03    Post Subject: IE8 is very good Reply with quote View Single Post

i have IE8 for 15 days, and i think it betr than IE7 it is fast, no strange crachs.

but it is block web sites like Yahoo, Yahoo Mail and Gmail all the time, saying "We recommend that you close this webpage and do not continue to this website" , after this you need to click on "Continue to this website (not recommended). " to open the web site. Crazy
zachig
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 08 Apr 2009 04:26:23    Post Subject: Re: IE8 is very good Reply with quote View Single Post

hatem wrote:
i have IE8 for 15 days, and i think it betr than IE7 it is fast, no strange crachs.

but it is block web sites like Yahoo, Yahoo Mail and Gmail all the time, saying "We recommend that you close this webpage and do not continue to this website" , after this you need to click on "Continue to this website (not recommended). " to open the web site. Crazy

That's strange! Confused Maybe something with your 'security' settings. I haven't tried entering Yahoo but I visit Gmail website on a daily basis and never experienced any of the problems you mentioned...

Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P Motherboard
OCZ Gold PC2-6400 DDR2 800MHz 2x2048MB @5-5-5-15-2T
Zotac GTX275 @713/1512/1260
2x250GB WD H.D in RAID 0
Mushkin 650W PSU
Viewsonic 22" VX2235WM LCD
MadHacker
Rated PG-13

PostPosted: Thu, 09 Apr 2009 09:13:24    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I installed IE8 a few days ago. and it seems to work fine...

no infinite pop up windows either...
ati_lover
Rated PG

PostPosted: Thu, 09 Apr 2009 10:38:20    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

MadHacker wrote:
the problem I have with IE7 is once and a while it will get repeating pop-ups... End task fixes it but it is very annoying...

If you are experiencing pop-ups, it may be due to spyware. Just scan your PC for any spyware/malware
________
Website Host

Last edited by ati_lover on Sat, 12 Feb 2011 18:39:07; edited 1 time in total
CoolZone
Rated PG-13

PostPosted: Thu, 09 Apr 2009 13:00:54    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I had those repeating popups on IE8 too, but only on XP
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

motanacu
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Sat, 11 Apr 2009 05:47:36    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

don`t like IE8.keeps freezing, don`t know what to do!
ati_lover
Rated PG

PostPosted: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 22:59:09    Post Subject: Re: IE8 is very good Reply with quote View Single Post

hatem wrote:

That sounds scary to me... I use my emails a lot, both on Yahoo and Gmail.. and this thing would make me pull out my hair.....
________
F5

Last edited by ati_lover on Sat, 12 Feb 2011 18:39:16; edited 1 time in total
papajohn
Rated PG-13

PostPosted: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 23:58:23    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

tried it and now going back to IE7. Had issues with some web sites.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: