Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Heat Spreader on Half-Height RAMs
Worth it?
Go To Page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Overclocking, Cooling, and Modding
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MadHacker
Rated PG-13

PostPosted: Sun, 05 Apr 2009 20:18:27    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

well one option is while it is running crack teh case open and feel if the ram are warm or not.
you don't say ouch it isn't to warm on an overclock...
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Sun, 05 Apr 2009 21:22:37    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Another question... Where would you get shorty heatspeaders? You would wind up back at full height with typical heatspreaders. Or were you thinking of RAM sinks on each chip?
Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 06 Apr 2009 10:41:40    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Even if it was RAM sinks, would they fit? Those short modules have some small chips.
anonemus
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 00:09:55    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

@ Jason - I was thinking of using the full height spreaders. I really don't know much about RAM sinks.

Been OCing my VLPs last week (holiday here in the Philippines). I must say, I was able to tigthen the timings and overvolt with no problems.

Now I'm thinking of upgrading to DDR2-1066 soon Smile
dragunover
Rated PG

PostPosted: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 04:54:22    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

anonemus wrote:
@ Jason - I was thinking of using the full height spreaders. I really don't know much about RAM sinks.

Been OCing my VLPs last week (holiday here in the Philippines). I must say, I was able to tigthen the timings and overvolt with no problems.

Now I'm thinking of upgrading to DDR2-1066 soon Smile

With a Pentium 4? Nah, you should just upgrade your CPU if anything.(even an E5200 would be a massive improvement)
anonemus
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 05:03:06    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

@dragunrover-- I know. I saw some benchies where an OCd E1200-series proc will trump my P4 even if OCd to high heaven! So I'm saving my pennies for an E5200 Smile
anonemus
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 01:47:38    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Yes! Just bought a used E5200 for almost the same selling price as my used P4 641! I'm gonna install this tonight Grin
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

kryptonian_sher
Rated PG-13

PostPosted: Sun, 19 Apr 2009 00:28:46    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Yikes did you already buy/have the spreaders for low profile stics when you were contemplating on using it on your sticks? I was thinking of meeting-up with you and a possibility of buying it. Or are there any sellers here in our city?
anonemus
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Sun, 19 Apr 2009 22:50:23    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

@ sher-- nope, I didn't buy any spreaders. You might want to check out vidz's wares Smile
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Sun, 19 Apr 2009 23:02:28    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I bought one of these shorty Kingston modules for my carputer... Despite posting fine elsewhere, it only shows up as 512MB there. Too bad, was a great fit physically to allow more airflow and to make room for the SATA cables. Back to full height memory.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Overclocking, Cooling, and Modding All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: