Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
I've crossed over to the dark side!......well sort of :D
View previous topic :: View next topic  
acruxksa
Doh!

PostPosted: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 22:50:22    Post Subject: I've crossed over to the dark side!......well sort of :D Reply with quote View Single Post

Just bought myself a new aluminum macbook, first Apple since my Apple IIc in the mid eighties. Although I'm looking forward to playing around with OSX, I will definitely be dual booting windows. I was looking for a 13.3" notebook and in the end Apple's solid aluminum chassis won me over.
Boo Boo

BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 22:53:29    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

OSX is nice... Apple finally got an OS right. However, I think they charge too much for their stuff.

BUT... I wanna Macbook Pro Grin

And Grats on the Mac... most Security freaks use/want them.
acruxksa
Doh!

PostPosted: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 23:43:21    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I always thought they charged too much as well, but I literally spent the day pricing systems and to be honest, the Alu. Macbook was within $150-$200 of the closest Lenovo and "looked" a he!! of a lot better. There may be other notebooks out there with solid metal chassis, but i don't know about them and have sworn off Dell since they screwed me on my dell credit 3 years ago. (they charged my account immediately for an XPS system they couldn't deliver for 2 1/2 months and then tried to make a fuss when I canceled)
*hick*

PostPosted: Sat, 29 Nov 2008 14:35:06    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

HEHEHE.. yea Dell sucks. Too bad I'm forced to use them for work Sad
Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 02 Dec 2008 10:06:28    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

We evaluated the new HP laptops, and will probably switch to them this year. The new ones are the aluminum chassis as well, with the magnesium alloy frame like the Lenovo's.

Lenovo used to be the best, however they've been static in their development/improvements and while the others have started to catch up and even surpass Lenovo.
mrweasel
I can haz cheezbrgr?

PostPosted: Tue, 02 Dec 2008 11:08:55    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Welcome! Go get your complementary cookies and name tag Smile
Rated PG

PostPosted: Tue, 09 Jun 2009 12:40:37    Post Subject: upside when you go to sell the Mac too Reply with quote View Single Post

acruxksa wrote:
I always thought they charged too much as well, but I literally spent the day pricing systems and to be honest, the Alu. Macbook was within $150-$200 of the closest Lenovo and "looked" a he!! of a lot better. There may be other notebooks out there with solid metal chassis, but i don't know about them and have sworn off Dell since they screwed me on my dell credit 3 years ago. (they charged my account immediately for an XPS system they couldn't deliver for 2 1/2 months and then tried to make a fuss when I canceled)

Studies have also shown that if you sell the Mac in a few years, that the difference in resale value will be more than any difference paid for Mac over the PC.

I do not believe the touted "Apple Tax" is true. Even when they were a lot more money (40 % more - in the late 80's, early 90's), Gartner showed each year that the TOC over 5 years was light years less. When you add in similar software to iLife, virus protection, etc..., I am not sure the difference is there (if you are comparing similar specs). Each time I have bought a new computer, I have compared - and each time I found that the Mac actually cost me less if I looked at a PC with the same features. (BTW - I don't want to start a war here - just my humble opinion - I use both OS's - I have come to prefer the Mac OS).

In the corporate world, the "Microsoft Tax" is felt most keenly. There are valid reasons why most corporations cannot switch, but for SMBs, there are some compelling considerations: http://tinyurl.com/yrku6k.

The best thing - you can't beat OS X. I can't wait for Snow Leopard - and the upgrade is only $29. It'd be great if Microsoft would give us similar pricing for Windows 7/ their retooling of Vista.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

acruxksa
Doh!

PostPosted: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 20:39:53    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Considering the fact that I have 3 life sucking leaches (kids Grin ) The chances of me being able to sell my used laptops is infinitesimal.

It's been 8 months and I'm still extremely happy with my macbook.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> The Den All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: