Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Windows 7 Build 6801 (PDC Release)
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
acruxksa
Doh!

PostPosted: Sat, 15 Nov 2008 05:21:10    Post Subject: Windows 7 Build 6801 (PDC Release) Reply with quote View Single Post

Anyone else giving this a whirl? I've got it on my Lenovo and so far I have to say things have gone pretty smooth. I've got some minor driver issues with the 4 in 1 card reader (only works with SD cards), but everything else was detected and updated just fine. Seems to be using Vista drivers with no issues on my R61.

I installed the 64bit version and used my old Vista Beta 2 product key to register it and that seems to have removed the 30day trial expiration. There are a few tweaks and changes, but to be honest is feels like Vista, without some of the headaches. UAC is now adjustable so you can turn the level down a notch to eliminate a lot of the pop-ups. After using an online hack to enable the new taskbar, visually it's looking pretty nice. I've only installed AVG, Firefox, Thunderbird, ZipGenius and Foxit Reader, but they seem to run fine.

Boo Boo

BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Sat, 15 Nov 2008 14:01:47    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Nope.... not using it here. Unlikely to use it outside of a VM until SP1 Grin
acruxksa
Doh!

PostPosted: Sat, 15 Nov 2008 19:01:40    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

It's probably not a bad idea to keep it in a VM, but then you lose some of the visuals. I'm dual booting it with XP on my laptop so it's not really a system that I depend on. Since I'm off work until just before X-Mas, my laptop has essentially been taken over by the kids. If they can't crash Win7 then it's probably pretty stable, it's still early though so who knows.

I have no real need to use it, I'm just a w#0R3 for new OS's. That's why Linux is so great, they are always releasing updates and I have an overwhelming desire to live life on the bleeding edge.

*hick*

PostPosted: Sat, 15 Nov 2008 19:36:49    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

acruxksa wrote:
It's probably not a bad idea to keep it in a VM, but then you lose some of the visuals. I'm dual booting it with XP on my laptop so it's not really a system that I depend on. Since I'm off work until just before X-Mas, my laptop has essentially been taken over by the kids. If they can't crash Win7 then it's probably pretty stable, it's still early though so who knows.

I have no real need to use it, I'm just a w#0R3 for new OS's. That's why Linux is so great, they are always releasing updates and I have an overwhelming desire to live life on the bleeding edge.

Laughing Well much like I suspect in your job, you have lost the desire to be on the "bleeding edge", so have I. Grin

Computers can pretty much "bite my shinny metal @$$"
acruxksa
Doh!

PostPosted: Sat, 15 Nov 2008 23:31:45    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Dr. EvilCheeze wrote:

Laughing Well much like I suspect in your job, you have lost the desire to be on the "bleeding edge", so have I. Grin

Computers can pretty much "bite my shinny metal @$$"

Similarly, my wife doesn't understand why I don't like taking cruises Grin

As the saying goes, there are old captains and there are bold captains, but there are no old and bold captains. Wink No bleeding edge anything for me, I get pissed off when I see my watch officers conning the ship with the GPS.

Fortunately for me computers are still just a hobby, a pretty expensive, time consuming and freakishly addicting hobby, but a hobby none the less.

Rated PG

PostPosted: Thu, 02 Apr 2009 05:48:03    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

any news about windows 7? i heard its faster than xp and vista x86 and it also has lesser cpu requirements
Hunterzyph
Rated PG

PostPosted: Thu, 02 Apr 2009 15:28:40    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I've been running Windows 7, Build 7057 for a week or so now on my little MSI Wind Netbook...and it's running like a champ. Stability has gotten better since build 7000 (the public beta), but the return to the snappiness I had gotten used to over the years with Windows XP has been a huge step towards making me forget that Vista ever reached the store shelves.

We should have another public beta coming out in May, so keep your eyes peeled!
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

mrweasel
I can haz cheezbrgr?

PostPosted: Thu, 02 Apr 2009 16:26:38    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

running the public beta (build 7000) on my work puter. Since we have a bunch of custom apps I did a direct upgrade and so far so good. The only quirk was a custom ticket system we have that only runs in IE 6/7...why do people write in browser checks when the bloody thing runs on Flash? Mad
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Thu, 02 Apr 2009 18:46:11    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I have the first public beta on one system and I'll get the next one when its released as well..........Wink

Nothing like a rehash of the same old kernel......Smile

assassinated
Rated PG

PostPosted: Fri, 03 Apr 2009 15:32:35    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Running build 7000, my friend is a MS dev and running 7084 or 7086 or something, wish people actually got those updates (those that are running 7000).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: