Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Looking for a UPS? Get this instead!!
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barracas
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Tue, 03 Jun 2008 14:37:18    Post Subject: Looking for a UPS? Get this instead!! Reply with quote View Single Post

Well recently with all of the storms ravaging the mid west, you may have found yourself without power. My command center has gone without power 3 times this year alone. Well in looking for a UPS I came across this video from some friends from a gaming group I belong to.

Check it out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvB3PiPBozU&feature=related

I so want one... for $5000.00

Gigabyte 3dAurora
AMD-939- X2 4400 @2.5gig 10x250fsb
DFI LanParty UltraD
Corsair HX620 PSU
OCZ400-2048 eldcpe-k 2x1g DDR @ 454mhz 2.5-3-2-5 9/10 divuder
3x Seagate 320 SATA 1 external Seagate 320 and external maxtor 160
EVGA 7600GT KO
Ultra ChillTEC CPU cooler
WinXP PRO
Acer 22in AL2223w
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Shadowsilence
I <3 Chevrolet

PostPosted: Wed, 04 Jun 2008 00:11:26    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

That looks pretty badass, can't wait to see it become a popular device. Hope it doesn't get bought out and buried.
borschtBomber[SS]
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 04 Jun 2008 22:00:03    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Nice, where do I order? Smile
Spire
Hall Pass B!tch!!!

PostPosted: Wed, 04 Jun 2008 22:32:55    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Is this guy actually claiming perpetual power?

I think not, check the laws of power conservation. Nothing is free.

It's like the hydrogen from water machine one guy invented, it takes WAY more electricity to create hydrogen than the power you get out of that hydrogen.
Barracas
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Thu, 05 Jun 2008 04:07:05    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

If it becomes available I'll let you know how it works.

Gigabyte 3dAurora
AMD-939- X2 4400 @2.5gig 10x250fsb
DFI LanParty UltraD
Corsair HX620 PSU
OCZ400-2048 eldcpe-k 2x1g DDR @ 454mhz 2.5-3-2-5 9/10 divuder
3x Seagate 320 SATA 1 external Seagate 320 and external maxtor 160
EVGA 7600GT KO
Ultra ChillTEC CPU cooler
WinXP PRO
Acer 22in AL2223w
knight0334
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Thu, 05 Jun 2008 05:59:46    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Spire wrote:

It's like the hydrogen from water machine one guy invented, it takes WAY more electricity to create hydrogen than the power you get out of that hydrogen.

Its not quite perpetual power.. Permanent magnets can rotate a stator and make electrical power without actually using any - which is what this device does. The biggest problem was pole cancellation - without being about to have a constant neg-to-pos poles it couldnt be done. Once the neg-to-pos pole thing was beat - it is very possible.
FOX
I <3 Quail

PostPosted: Thu, 05 Jun 2008 09:54:33    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

well if it works it would be sweet... gov't or some oil company would proably buy it though and keep it under wraps for 20 more years for "development"

http://www.facebook.com/DjFOXDnB
My site where I have my latest mixes! www.DjSourceInfo.com
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

T-shirt
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Thu, 05 Jun 2008 12:33:00    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

knight0334 wrote:
Spire wrote:

Its not quite perpetual power.. Permanent magnets can rotate a stator and make electrical power without actually using any - which is what this device does. The biggest problem was pole cancellation - without being about to have a constant neg-to-pos poles it couldnt be done. Once the neg-to-pos pole thing was beat - it is very possible.

Nope, still not possible (many have tried) it take energy in to rotate the stator. given friction and other losses and inefficientcies you'll always lose some energy changing from mechanical to electrical (or vis versa) energy.

However there is lots of "free"energy around..wind, solar, geo-thermal, etc. if you can afford the cost of caputring it and transforming it to electricity. what works best depends on where you live, and your budget.
knight0334
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Thu, 05 Jun 2008 13:19:37    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Its does work. An initial mechanical spinning then the use of permanent magnets to keep it spinning with alternating poles.

The law of conservation of energy was written in a time when most things were energy driven via heat, electric, steam - but the use of alternating poles with low drag/friction bearings has challenged that theory.

And like I said, its not quite perpetual power(motion), since the magnet(s) alternates a pole relative to the stator thus creating input to the motion of the stator. The initial input to spin the stator does require energy, but the alternating poles keep it spinning past the point of the loss of energy through friction on bearings or dynamic drag. Thus in the closed loop of the magnets and stator, more energy has been "made" than used to get the stator moving initially - which is what those inventions are based upon.
Spire
Hall Pass B!tch!!!

PostPosted: Thu, 05 Jun 2008 14:18:24    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I agree with the theory, but what happens when you start to pull a load big enough to be meaningful?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> The Den All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: