Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Microsoft Zune 80GB
digitaltrends.com
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Consumer Electronics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
~*77*~
Xenophobe

PostPosted: Wed, 28 May 2008 09:42:16    Post Subject: Microsoft Zune 80GB Reply with quote View Single Post

The 80GB Zune has undeniable cool factor, given its big screen and built-in WiFi. But rather than trumping the competition, it falls in that gray area between the somewhat ho-hum iPod Classic and the rip-roaring iPod Touch. We applaud Microsoft for trying to make the hardware and software as un-Microsoft (read: user-friendly) as possible, but even this second-gen model has some kinks that need working out. And although we love the wireless sync and recently upgraded song-sharing features, we hope future generations will include more practical WiFi features like a Web browser. - digitaltrends.com
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Mechafishy
Rated PG

PostPosted: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 11:33:29    Post Subject: Re: Microsoft Zune 80GB Reply with quote View Single Post

~*77*~ wrote:
And although we love the wireless sync and recently upgraded song-sharing features, we hope future generations will include more practical WiFi features like a Web browser. - digitaltrends.com

I got an 80gig. love the thing. the screen is big and sharp the sound is good and the interface is simple and intuitive. but i must ask, by gods why would you want to browse the internet on the thing? no keyboard no touchscreen it would be terrible. its a beautiful simple media player that's great at what it does. why would you want to add more to it and muck the whole thing up?
Blake
Unwillingly Unwitty

PostPosted: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 12:22:28    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I made the switch from Ipod to Zune a while ago, first with the 4GB Zune. I must say I love the Zune and find it much easier to manage my media with. Now I just need to get my greedy paws on the 80GB version.
higgamo
Rated PG

PostPosted: Sat, 25 Apr 2009 09:16:07    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Yea I like the zune as well, for they ipod touch confused me alittle it seem at some area it want to be a phone with web but unlike the iphone u can us 3g then it seems to want to be a handhandle gamesystem. It feels like it trying to much to do muti things , also no keyboard on the itouch kill it for me (big hands).
Digerati
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Sun, 26 Apr 2009 05:24:14    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I have a Zune - I can proudly say Apple has yet to get a *single* penny from me.
curly haired boy
Rated PG

PostPosted: Sun, 26 Apr 2009 13:52:24    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

my sister got the 30 gig model. i love the chunky feel of it, it's brick-like, but it's got a comfortable heft that an ipod touch just can't match.
Rated PG

PostPosted: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 22:02:05    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I've used Zunes before, but honestly (no fan boying here) I love my iPod Touch. It's not so much a music player as a portable mini computer. I'd take my iPod Touch over a Zune any day.

But if you aren't looking to surf the web with your player, a Zune is a much better choice for the price I must say.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

hestar
Rated PG

PostPosted: Sat, 09 May 2009 21:34:33    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Yeah the zune is pretty nice one of my friends has one.I kinda like it better than the I-pod :X..
Digerati
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Mon, 11 May 2009 07:06:46    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

SilverPotato wrote:
I've used Zunes before, but honestly (no fan boying here) I love my iPod Touch. It's not so much a music player as a portable mini computer. I'd take my iPod Touch over a Zune any day.

But if you aren't looking to surf the web with your player, a Zune is a much better choice for the price I must say.

Unless you're always somewhere with WiFi and have the time, anything but the music is useless. The one big advantage the Touch has is it has a huge screen for watching videos and TV shows. I was so close to stepping into the dark side (Apple) when I wanted to buy a new MP3 player, but I resisted! It was difficult, though, I must admit. Laughing
anduril
Rated PG-13

PostPosted: Tue, 19 May 2009 15:18:24    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

It'll be interesting to see what Microsoft does with its new upcoming Zune (HD, 3.0 wtf they're calling it). If its got truely unlocked wifi, a decent browser and you can maybe mod it to do VoIP on it...well new phone for me Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Consumer Electronics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: