Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
New Digital Camera
PowerShot SX100 IS
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Consumer Electronics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 22:11:28    Post Subject: New Digital Camera Reply with quote View Single Post

Just bought a new Digital Camera, the Canon PowerShot SX100 IS. So far seems pretty nice. Was looking at the Canon G9, but decided since we're planning on getting a DSLR fairly soon as well (different uses that a "point-and-shoot") I didn't want to spend the extra $200. Had some Best Buy rewards cert's so it cost me $199.99 Grin

Playing with it a little so far, seems to be a good upgrade from my almost 8yr old Nikon Coolpix 995. The Optical zoom ROCKS on this thing so far! 10x!
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

T-shirt
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 23:04:15    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

nice camera, EC
how's the image stabaliztion? You really needed it with 10x (40x, if you believe digital zoom really does anything photoshop can't)
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Sat, 19 Apr 2008 02:59:23    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

So far it works. I haven't played with the digital zoom much, I try to never use it.
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Sat, 19 Apr 2008 14:38:49    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Dam... just ordered a 16GB SDHC card from Newegg... $69 shipped. Yikes When we bought our other camera, we paid $114 for a 256MB CF card. Bang Head 64 times the storage for almost 1/2 the price.

CRAP I hope I was cached for BB to get some bucks from the sale.
tomato
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 17:33:34    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I hate the pricing of memory cards these days... Look at those very same memory cards in a year and the pricing will be incredibly cheap... such is the way of electronics Razz

As for your camera, a Canon is always a smart choice. Smile BTW, digital zoom is GARBAGE and USELESS. Turn it off. You'll be better for it.

heylinder
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 17:58:18    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Dr. EvilCheeze wrote:
So far it works. I haven't played with the digital zoom much, I try to never use it.

Smart! I turned the digital zoom off on my Canon. Nice choice of camera too. You can't go wrong with a Canon. Ease of use and quality of pic is the best Smile
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 10:36:47    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

So far it's been pretty nice. Don't know all the stuff on it yet, guess I'll have to learn more than "Point, Click, OOoooo" some time so I can get more out of the camera Grin

We'll see how well things go when we head down to Mexico for vacation in June. Hopefully come back with some really nice pic's.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

tomato
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 16:42:49    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

The only knock I have with this Canon model is the lack of a swiveling viewscreen... I like to turn the screenside down when not in use to protect it from damage. I'd recommend a carrying case if you don't already have one for it Wink
goldenchessboard
Rated PG-13

PostPosted: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 22:09:09    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

my buddy recently got a very similar camera, he was rly happy with it.
a few weeks after he got it, though, his mom made him give it to his uncle as a 'goodbye' present, saying she'll give him the money back. so.. he didnt have it for too long =|
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Thu, 01 May 2008 10:30:44    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Yes, we have a case for it (might get a smaller one though for when we carry it in our "pocket").

I'd post images from it, but let's face it... none of you want to see those pic's Redhead

Yikes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Consumer Electronics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: