Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Diagnostic help
Go To Page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BeerLotus
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 19:39:41    Post Subject: Diagnostic help Reply with quote View Single Post

I was playing Titan Quest about a week ago, suddenly I lost my internet connection. I tried the basics to fix it and couldn't so I went with the restart the computer method. The problem is, when my computer turned back on it only went as far as the motherboard screen and froze. Single beep, no apparent problem, it just wont go any further. I've already done everything I could think of and was hoping you guys might be able to think of something I haven't.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

edvallie
Put Beer Here

PostPosted: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 20:29:09    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Is it overclocked at all?

Is the single BIOS beep normal, or have you tried looking it up in your mobo manual?

BeerLotus
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 21:00:04    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

no overclocking, and I've read through my manual and searched on the website but haven't been able to figure out what is supposed to be normal for my mobo http://www.asus.com/products.aspx?modelmenu=1&model=744&l1=3&l2=15&l3=226 but it has always had the one beep as far as I can remember

Last edited by BeerLotus on Mon, 17 Mar 2008 21:13:40; edited 1 time in total
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 21:01:08    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

So... you can't get into the BIOS?

How about clearing the CMOS to start fresh. While you are in there, may be reseat the CPU, cooler, memory, cards, etc...
BeerLotus
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 21:19:49    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

No, I cant get into BIOS, it freezes the second it turns on. I've already tried the CMOS, CPU, memory, graphics card, etc. and redone all the connections
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 21:29:37    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Take everything out except

The CPU, 1 RAM stick, and the Video card. See if that works. If not try swapping the RAM for another one of your sticks (that one could be bad).
BeerLotus
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 21:43:33    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Unplugged everything except main HDD, 1 RAM stick, video card, CPU. Don't have any other RAM, friend took it.

I was thinking that my HDD may just be f#*@ed, but if that were the case I should still be able to get into BIOS.

I'm going to have to find some RAM to test it with
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

BeerLotus
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 16:31:10    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Friend of mind said he had a similar sounding problem a while back, thought it might be the mobo battery. I checked it and it was bad, so I replaced it, problem is the computer still won't turn on. I still haven't checked it with other RAM, will get to that later tonight. Do you have any input on what else might have been screwed up by the battery?
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 18:10:38    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

The only things else besides trying a known good stick of RAM is:

1) Unplugging the Computer
2) Pull the CMOS battery
3) Leave it over night
4) Put it all back together and boot.

Other than that... I'd say it's either your board or your CPU (or both).
BeerLotus
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 18:32:23    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I pulled the battery for about 10 minutes already, I'll see what happens if I leave it out over night. Thanks for the help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: