Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Q6600 g0 steppin
only can hit 2.89ghz help!!!
Go To Page Previous  1, 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Overclocking, Cooling, and Modding
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jvwheel
Rated PG

PostPosted: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 03:23:45    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

qwwwizx:

I also have a strike extreme w/ Q6600 B3. , eVGA 8800GTX. I built the machine about a year ago but recently have upgraded to Vista Ult. 64 and 4 2Gig sticks of Mushkin Redline PC 8000 (1000MHz). After some trial and error I got the ram to run in manual, unlinked, @ 5-5-5-15 2.00v NB 1.35v. I was half a day putting 2 sticks in and out trying to get the 4 stk to run and settled at those timings after 3D Vantage Pro run fine; the memory was runnung at 501MHz. I began reading your posts from last year after googling OC for the ASUS SE, Q6600. A few days ago I figured out where to start OC ing the Q6600 and went for it. I set the Qrd @ 1333 and left the voltage in auto. The machine froze on the ROG screen and I couldn't get it to boot at all. I let it sit, unplugged, and after rebooting for the umph-teen time, it got to set- up. I backed the fsb to 1200 and put the vtt voltage to 1.35. It booted fine. I reset the qrd to 1266 and again it booted fine. I am there now with temperatures in the 45 - 55 range under general usage load. They seem to stay in that range even when runnung Future Mark 3D with a spread of about 5 degrees among cores. I noticed my ram frequency has lowered its' self to 497.00 from the 501.00 I was wondering if you could help me understand a couple of things. What is the relationship between the FSB and Ram? How does on affect the other and why. Is there a point of diminishing return on the GHZ of the CPU and the Frequency of the RAM. My RAM specs are PC-8000 (1000 MHz) @ 5-5-5- 12 2.1v . I am running BIOS 1102 and am very hesitent to change that as one cannot rewind that and I have had good luck with this BIOS. I firmly believe in, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it," when it comes to the BIOS. Thanks in advance for any help you may offer. John
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Overclocking, Cooling, and Modding All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: