Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
So I finally get Vista...
Go To Page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Sat, 07 Jul 2007 10:17:13    Post Subject: So I finally get Vista... Reply with quote View Single Post

Bought an upgrade copy of Vista Premium Home and figured I would make my first install my daughter's PC... The least critical system in the house. Laughing

This is not what I wanted to see...

I tried it as an upgrade, I tried it as a fresh install... Same blue screen after the first reboot! Won't go any farther.

XP still works, but I have to select what OS to load right after the BIOS, and I swear it gives me all of 2.2 seconds to do so...

Censored Mad Censored Mad Bang Head
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Modulok
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Sat, 07 Jul 2007 10:37:18    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I am not sure if you remember me saying my first experience with vista...

well we got 3 new dells at work with vista business. the first (and only) machine I booted into gave me a BSOD on the very first loading of the desktop. so even a machine with it preloaded did not work "out of the box".

f#*@ vista and microsoft Rolling Eyes
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Sat, 07 Jul 2007 12:36:41    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Sucks. This motherboard has had problems in the past with memory error blue screens during OS installs, but I bought more basic memory and that seems to be fixed... Even more evident now that I have re-installed XP and Fedora without problems today.

I may use Acronis to back up another machine and try somewhere else... But, I really hate wasting my time... Grrrrrr!!!!!!
Blue|Fusion
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Sat, 07 Jul 2007 13:46:42    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I have seen Vista on one notebook so far. Was less than impressed. Everyone else I know is still using XP and you guys know me well enough that I'm not going to buy Vista. Razz

Get your $1,200 back for Vista Basic that doesn't even work!

Cleem
Rated PG-13

PostPosted: Sun, 08 Jul 2007 09:16:58    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Sorry to see that happened to you Doc, it seems you don't have the best of luck with things lately. I actually just bought Vista too, but haven't received it in the mail yet (I bought the vista ultimate upgrade; I think I will try the x64-bit version first, and if that doesn't work will go with x32-bit).

So I have a question for you if you don't mind. Did you try to do the "install in-place" or was that a wipe-and-install? I'm going to try to use the install-in-place option (from XP-Pro), so I am just curious. Thanks as always for sharing your experiences with us.
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Sun, 08 Jul 2007 09:24:42    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Hey Guy...

I tried both paths... I guess install in place is what they call the upgrade path that protects your old stuff, right? That way went longer before hanging, but doing that and the clean install both lead to the same blue screen. Luckily, it didn't kill anything... But I did on my own as I formatted the hard drive to try a truly clean install! Laughing

Now she is back on XP and I have 29 days to call to activate, since they think I used that license too many times (yet again)... Uggh.
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Sun, 08 Jul 2007 10:07:20    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Vista will be just like XP... I won't install it until after SP1.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Charlie
DeathStar

PostPosted: Sun, 08 Jul 2007 12:24:50    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I have Vista Business on a brand-new Gateway E4610D business rig; no problems other than having to UPGRADE every single mission-critical software package I have.

Dr. EvilCheeze wrote:
Vista will be just like XP... I won't install it until after SP1.

That's the advice I hand out to everyone....

Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 01:19:26    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Sp1 should be coming soon.(end of November) o but wait were talking about mircosoft so it be another 2 years. LOL

http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=559
Charlie
DeathStar

PostPosted: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 19:10:43    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Big B wrote:
.......http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=559

Hopefully it will fix alot of things but it also means we will have to deal with the glitches from it as well.... ~*Sigh*~

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: