Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Fans For Folding
Go To Page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 00:29:41    Post Subject: Fans For Folding Reply with quote View Single Post

As mentioned in the recent review of the NF-S12 and NF-R8 Cooling Fans, Noctua was generous enough to send over far more fans than we could possibly use. Therefore it is time for another give away.

Up for grabs are four pairs of NF-S12 fans. Four winners will each get a NF-S12-800 and a NF-S12-1200 for contributing to the Bigbruin.com Folding@Home team. Two of the winners will be chosen for producing the highest point totals, and two of the winners will be chosen at random for any contribution. Winners should also expect surprises to ship with their fans...

Folding@Home is an easy way for people to contribute to an excellent cause without having to dip into their wallets. By simply running a piece of software, contributors can help researchers working towards a cure for diseases such as Alzheimer's, Mad Cow (BSE), CJD, ALS, Huntington's, Parkinson's disease, and many Cancers and cancer-related syndromes. For information on Folding@Home, visit the official home page.

A couple fans may not be the greatest motivation to do anything, but hopefully this worth while cause is made just a bit more appealing to those who have thought of signing up anyway! Any contribution to the team is welcome, and I hope people who do sign up to continue to Fold even after the give away has ended.

The Rules:

ยป In order to win you must be a member of the Bigbruin.com Folding@Home team and put up at least one point over the course of the give away.
ยป Two of the winners will be chosen for producing the highest Folding@Home point totals between January 24, 2007 at 12:00 AM and February 14, 2007 at 11:59 PM.
ยป Two other winners will be chosen at random from all members that produce at least 1 Folding@Home point between January 24, 2007 at 12:00 AM and February 14, 2007 at 11:59 PM.
ยป The give away will end on February 14, 2007, 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time.
ยป The winners will be announced on February 15, 2007.
ยป Any questions about the contest or about Folding@Home can be asked in this thread.
ยป All decisions are final and at the discretion of the Bigbruin.com administrators.

Last edited by Doctor Feelgood on Tue, 04 Dec 2007 22:34:40; edited 2 times in total
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 01:02:15    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Here are the point totals as of roughly 12:00 AM on January 24, 2007... The official start of the give away.

As a note, previous Folding units do not count. For example, even though I presently have the highest total at 88,544, if I put up zero units between now and the end of the contest I do not qualify for anything.

Thanks!

screen01.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  64.55 KB
 Viewed:  471 Time(s)

screen01.gif

Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 09:06:30    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Not a bad thing to do, even for some fans. Never know when something our systems work on will provide a major breakthrough...
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 10:36:29    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Yup, thats what I am hoping. And, although not specified as to exactly what the bit about "Winners should also expect surprises to ship with their fans" is true and the four people will get a little extra something random in their package... Yikes
Enigmachine
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 18:54:44    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Rabies?

Getting rabies in a package, now that would motivate me to fold even more. Smile
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 18:57:45    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Sure, let me go set my hav-a-hart trap in the backyard to see if I can get you a skunk or racoon or something else with rabies... Laughing
edvallie
Put Beer Here

PostPosted: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 10:46:47    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

mmm...a contest I have a chance of winning. Smile

(Read: Not football or Graphic Design) Razz

Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Zenphic
Rated PG-13

PostPosted: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 14:22:11    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Those Noctua fans look really sweet. I'll try to pull some WU for the team with my old socket A athlon Laughing
edvallie
Put Beer Here

PostPosted: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 18:08:56    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

BB thats a pretty clean looking browser, what are you running?
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 18:54:56    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

highonv8splash wrote:
BB thats a pretty clean looking browser, what are you running?

I like it too... http://www.maxthon.com/ Grin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Bonanza All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: