Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Dell XPS Laptop Issue
Go To Page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Mon, 04 Dec 2006 14:13:05    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Modulok wrote:
lol EC, he will deal with it before I revert to that!

Laughing Fine then.... Try updating all the drivers (specifically if he has a Intel Wireless NIC it's driver.)

Or....

Format C: /u

<insert Linux install disk>

<install Linux and tell him HA HA!>

<OOO and no GUI, just the CLI. Tell him Pine for email, and Lynx for Web. All editing done with VI>
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

edvallie
Put Beer Here

PostPosted: Mon, 04 Dec 2006 18:52:54    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Dr. EvilCheeze wrote:
Modulok wrote:
lol EC, he will deal with it before I revert to that!

Laughing Fine then.... Try updating all the drivers (specifically if he has a Intel Wireless NIC it's driver.)

Or....

Format C: /u

<insert Linux install disk>

<install Linux and tell him HA HA!>

<OOO and no GUI, just the CLI. Tell him Pine for email, and Lynx for Web. All editing done with VI>

*loves pine*

With how easy ubuntu is these days, he'd probably be well advised to install it. But yeah, I'd definately just backup any needed data to a flash drive and run a reformat.

Modulok
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 06 Dec 2006 15:32:27    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Laughing

I got to see the laptop first hand today...did a quick msconfig, disabled two entries, ssdiag and some dump thing...then it worked fine...no error messages!

My boss said he did the same thing and no luck...hopefully he can take it home and not F it up again.
edvallie
Put Beer Here

PostPosted: Wed, 06 Dec 2006 17:01:41    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Modulok wrote:
Laughing

I got to see the laptop first hand today...did a quick msconfig, disabled two entries, ssdiag and some dump thing...then it worked fine...no error messages!

My boss said he did the same thing and no luck...hopefully he can take it home and not F it up again.

Your boss is a noob! Taunt him!

Kilamon
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 06 Dec 2006 18:53:51    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

virus scan! Rootkit! Spybot!

An unnamed director level individual (one of the people in the food chain above me, unfortunately) was visiting my location and watching me perform my duties. In the course of the day, it was necessary to trace a cable from a desk to verify it was labeled properly (which it wasn't, or I would not have needed to trace it). While doing the trace with a cable tone generator and the receiver, he asks me what the equipment is for/does/how it works.... Bang Head Ok. So maybe he doesn't know... whatever. I explain, and then later on, like 3 hours later, I'm in the network closet to get a cable and he's there with the receiver (the generator was on my desk and I keep the receiver near the patch panel where it's handy) scanning for a signal. Maybe its me, but you need the generator for that tool to be effective. So, it's official; I have a PHB (pointy haired boss). Crazy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: