Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
MY NEW RIGS.
Go To Page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 12:03:17    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

mrweasel wrote:
Sometimes I wonder if guys like Tom do more harm than good buy publishing articles like This

Yes they do. Instead of building a quality rig, he tells people to build that crap and have a fast OC'ed CPU with no other quality components in it.

Honestly, would you try to soup up a Ford Fiesta with a super charger and either 1 - expect it to last, or 2 - expect it to keep up with a Lamborghini? That is almost EXACTLY what Tom is telling people to do.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

DragonMaster
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 14:57:23    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Quote:
Honestly, would you try to soup up a Ford Fiesta with a super charger and either 1 - expect it to last, or 2 - expect it to keep up with a Lamborghini? That is almost EXACTLY what Tom is telling people to do.

Laughing
adrenaline.rush
Rated PG

PostPosted: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 15:43:48    Post Subject: lol. Reply with quote View Single Post

I'm stupid LOL.

k, the main is going to be with DDR2, not DDR1

and, for the sub, i feel stupid for even thinking about O/Cing lol.
But still D805 is still fine for a budget comp, isn't it?
I mean, for running vista and playing CS 1.6 and all...

With a decent $50 cooler and 512mb DDR2 4200 ram, do you think i'll be even able to hit 3.0ghz stable??
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 15:48:15    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

There is nothing saying you can't O/C, so that isn't stupid... Just don't get your hopes too high with budget hardware surrounding that chip. Those things kick at like $105 now, so they are well worth buying. Might not need to spend that much on a cooler, but I would suggest looking higher up the DDR2 charts if you want performance... Maybe 5400/6400 as the minimum.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: