Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
An Unknown Case?
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Overclocking, Cooling, and Modding
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xhavix
Rated PG

PostPosted: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 11:02:31    Post Subject: An Unknown Case? Reply with quote View Single Post

Since on here there seems to be some ATX cases speciallists, I got a question...if anyone knows, of course. So I bought this case, which is nice, not the best case in the world, but nice. And it was cheap as hell (€25 with 400W PSU)...but...I don't know it's brand of model...and I'd like to know something about her... I mean, it's like having a stranger at home! lol So anyways...does anyone know it? If so, can you post a link to some site that has it? I'd be very grateful if anyone could give me a hand here. And, by the way, what do you think of it?
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 11:24:24    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Wow... thats a challenge. Looks like it could be from a bunch of companies that I can think of: Raidmax, Logisys, NZXT, Aspire, MGE...

From vents look a bit like a Logisys design:
http://www.logisyscomputer.com/viewsku.asp?SKUID=CS859BL&DID=C001

While the side looks like Raidmax:
http://www.raidmax.com/Products/classiccases/scorpio868/scorpio868.html

Confused
LaTech
Ruthless TechTator

PostPosted: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 11:29:46    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Can't find that exact case...but it looks like a cross between these two...if that helps:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811208008

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811217003

Xhavix
Rated PG

PostPosted: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 13:02:48    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Well...some of them do resemble it..."but". The heck, is it so hard to find it?! I forgot to mention something...inside was a box that contained the screws and cables... That box had some atx cases there...with the models, but no brand name. After some investigation, I got one name: Hanjinyi. (This is starting to look like a game... -_- lolol) Seems like the brand specializes in merging several popular cases... Here's a scan of the box. "NG-2" is definitly a copy of NZXT's Nemesis Elite...while AC-2 is that great Alienware case... Problem is...on their site I couldn't find my case... The guy who sold it to me said it was a prototype...but as far as I'm concerned...that's probably crap...............I think.
LaTech
Ruthless TechTator

PostPosted: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 14:02:38    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

"Prototype" could mean "we had a bunch of spare parts left over from cases that we tore apart...and this is what we could put it back together to look like"! Seems strange to me, to be honest.
Xhavix
Rated PG

PostPosted: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 14:12:11    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

COULD BE...but hey, I work with the guy. He isn't that smart to build a pc case with...whoever he wanted to. Plus, if the idea was to create a unique case, why such a low price? Don't even know if the PSU works as I'm not using it, but still...too low price. Oh, and needless to say, it came with no box... Oh well... Maybe it's just a dead case...manufactured by some chinese geek-corporation... Dunno.
Xhavix
Rated PG

PostPosted: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 14:17:46    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Actually, I'll tell you exactly what he said. Seems SO B.U.L.L.S.H.I.T to me that I didn't even want to tell it... Supposedly, and as he says, this was a prototype case from Thailand that was to be introduced in the Portuguese market (Hey, I live in Portugal yes), but was refused. So, the guy who had the case asked him if he wanted to keep it, and so did he. True story for sure, but I ain't buyin it...
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

LaTech
Ruthless TechTator

PostPosted: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 14:24:38    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Well...I've been to some small geek-fest type things (like QuakeCon) where they give away ALL sorts of stuff when the thing is overwith. It's entirely possible that it's legit. If you had a power supply tester (is it branded?), you could test it to see what output it's getting and then...heck, if you like the case, use it!
Xhavix
Rated PG

PostPosted: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 14:32:05    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Nope...it's just a standard PSU...still has a monitor cable connector...must be pretty old... Well...yeah...I like the case... I was just curious to know what I have at home...lol... But when I got the money for the new machine...I'd love to get...that NZXT Lexa or Apollo... =P
http://www.nzxt.com/products/apollo/
http://www.nzxt.com/products/lexa/
Enigmachine
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Sat, 17 Jun 2006 10:39:13    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

It's definitely a "PowerUp" case.

PowerUp! 2526

some other PowerUp! with alien face

I can't find the exact combination you have so maybe it is a prototype, but in any case cheap case + power supply sounds like a PowerUp to me. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Overclocking, Cooling, and Modding All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: