22%
 22%  [ 2 ]
I'll wait until it becomes final :)
44%
 44%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 9

Zenphic
Rated PG-13

PostPosted: Sat, 10 Jun 2006 19:04:49    Post Subject: Windows Vista Beta 2 - Your Views Reply with quote View Single Post

Well, Vista Beta 2 was just released a while ago and it was named "Biggest Download Event in History". So I was wondering if anyone here has already tried it and what are your views about it? Is this new Beta a good jump from the last one and do you recommend other users to try it out also?

Smile
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Big B
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Sat, 10 Jun 2006 19:21:48    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Hate to sound like im stuck in a closet but what is "Vista". I have read some that is a new OS but whats good about it and how is it better then xp?
Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Sat, 10 Jun 2006 20:44:26    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Been using Vista for a few months now, and love it. Takes some getting used to, a lot of the interface has changed but it's easy to figure out if you're familiar with XP.

Really love the default color scheme, the black/grey/silver is perfect for my tastes Smile
Big B
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Sat, 10 Jun 2006 20:57:14    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Is there any perforcemance increase. Also is it a mem hog or anything like that?
Modulok
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Sat, 10 Jun 2006 22:08:04    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Should have the ISO download finished at work. I will try it out on next week whenever I get the chance.

I figure we wont upgrade to it at work for a few years. We would have to upgrade most of our computers because at least half are Compaq 400-500 celerons with 320mb ram and integrated video.
Zenphic
Rated PG-13

PostPosted: Sat, 10 Jun 2006 22:45:55    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Big B wrote:
Is there any perforcemance increase. Also is it a mem hog or anything like that?

I don't know about performance increases, but since Vista demands a lot more hardware juice than a XP system, I'm guessing that the performance should be a bit less. (that is, unless you've got 2GB of ram, etc). I think the new interface of Vista is also more hogger with the ram. Not sure as I haven't tried it yet Wink
Zenphic
Rated PG-13

PostPosted: Sat, 10 Jun 2006 22:47:19    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Hellfire wrote:
Really love the default color scheme, the black/grey/silver is perfect for my tastes Smile

Totally man, I'm getting a bit tired of the usual blue and green theme of XP and I am not going back to Windows 2000's theme. Seriously, blue has been with us for way too long Laughing Microsoft made a good move!
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Sat, 10 Jun 2006 22:51:09    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Big B wrote:
Also is it a mem hog or anything like that?

I believe so... Like 1GB for a minimum.
Zenphic
Rated PG-13

PostPosted: Sat, 10 Jun 2006 23:02:02    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Big Bruin wrote:
Big B wrote:
Also is it a mem hog or anything like that?

I believe so... Like 1GB for a minimum.

Which is kind of ridiculous. I mean, shouldn't they try to make the OS more efficient instead of making it heavier? Confused

Source: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/getready/capable.mspx

Quote:
A Windows Vista Capable PC includes at least:
• A modern processor (at least 800MHz).
• 512 MB of system memory.
• A graphics processor that is DirectX 9 capable.

A Windows Vista Premium Ready PC includes at least:
• 1 GHz 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor.
• 1 GB of system memory.
• A graphics processor that runs Windows Aero.
• 128 MB of graphics memory.
• 40 GB of hard drive capacity with 15 GB free space.
• DVD-ROM Drive3.
• Audio output capability.
• Internet access capability.
Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Sat, 10 Jun 2006 23:03:22    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Believe the specs are 512mb min, 1gb rec.

Yes, Vista is resource intensive, IF you have all the stuff turned on. You can turn much of it off, and make it more like xp intensive though.

I saw a huge performance increase from xp64 to vista64. Then again, I have a system that can run Vista at it's fullest...

Now if I can get some 4gb ram kits to review Grin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: