Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Tuniq Miniplant 950W Power Supply
Tuniq Miniplant 950W Power Supply
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 07:22:03    Post Subject: Tuniq Miniplant 950W Power Supply Reply with quote View Single Post

The Miniplant name may be misleading since it isn't smaller than normal, but just standard size. With so many high powered power supplies being sold with oversized housings, getting one of these units into your case may be hit or miss. With the Tuniq Miniplant you know that if a standard ATX power supply will fit, that this 950W unit will fit, too. - The Review
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 20:03:19    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I thought this PSU was going to lead to mass destruction today... As in things were going to get smashed.

I noticed the system it was in was making funky noises, like wires caught in a fan so I went in for a closer look. First thing I noticed was that the PSU area was really hot. Cracked the system open and looked around... Nothing looked bad. Shut it down and restarted after making sure, and then the PSU fan wasn't spinning at all. The label from the center hub of the PSU fan had come off and was stuck to a blade. The noise was it slapping around like a playing card in the spokes of a bike wheel. When the PSU was turned off, the adhesive was enough to tape it to the frame and it wouldn't start spinning again until I ripped it off!!!

WTF
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Power All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: