Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Cooler Master Real Power Pro 1000W Power Supply
Cooler Master Real Power Pro 1000W PSU
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Thu, 03 Apr 2008 15:24:22    Post Subject: Cooler Master Real Power Pro 1000W Power Supply Reply with quote View Single Post

The 1000W Cooler Master Real Power Pro is a great choice for anyone who wants to future proof their system in the power supply department. This unit should be able to handle a high end system with multiple processors and graphics cards without running up your electric bill thanks to the high efficiency and active power factor correction. - The Review
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

daemon
Rated R

PostPosted: Thu, 03 Apr 2008 19:44:58    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Great review but no power switch??? Other than that, its a great power supply none the less.
Crisis
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Fri, 04 Apr 2008 17:23:52    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Aww, no efficiency tests? Sad

Maybe you could include this little snippet in your review to explain why there is no power switch:

http://www.coolermaster.com/support/faq-2.php?fid=2

Quote:
Question

Why Cooler Master 850W PSU without Power Switch?

Answer

1. Currently PC on/off action can be done by operation system (PS _ON signal can control on/off of PSU). Therefore, the power switch is not necessary.

2. CM 850W PSU is a high wattage power supply and its relative input current is extremely high than normal power supply. Therefore, the power switch will require supporting such high current going through. However, these kind of switches with safety are rare in the market now and the reliability is not good enough. And that’s why Cooler Master will like get.

3. The most important reason why we do not design the power switch is to avoid the electronic damaged by inrush current. Real Power Pro 850W PSU is a high capacity PSU. The input current is about 15 amps in worst case. However, the transient inrush current will be 150 amps ~ 200 amps high in the worst case and this high current will cause extremely high temperature. The heat can even melt the metal reed inside the switch. Due to this safety concern Cooler Master decide not include power switch in our high power output model power supply.
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Fri, 04 Apr 2008 17:28:38    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Yeah - Modulok doesn't have anything for testing the efficiency, and the PSU literally just showed up at his place unannounced.

I like a switch just for killing power when I am switching components. Easier than unplugging it, and better than wondering if juice is still flowing to that component or that part of the board...
Crisis
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Fri, 04 Apr 2008 17:59:59    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Yeah, I agree that having a power switch is handy. But, for me, the power bar works just as well Grin
Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Fri, 04 Apr 2008 22:46:38    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Crisis wrote:
Yeah, I agree that having a power switch is handy. But, for me, the power bar works just as well Grin

Have way too many devices plugged into my power bar to do that here LOL

I like having a power switch for the same reason as Dr Feelgood, then again, not many people swap components like we do for reviews and things.

Oh well, no power switch isn't really a deal breaker for me.
Crisis
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Sat, 05 Apr 2008 00:23:37    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Hellfire wrote:
Crisis wrote:

Have way too many devices plugged into my power bar to do that here LOL

That's why you get two power bars.... Like I do! Laughing
Hopefully my house doesn't burn down with all these stuff plugged in
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Sat, 05 Apr 2008 20:50:55    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

At my computer desk I have five power bars...all full of things! LOL

No more outlets otherwise I'd have more...I refuse to daisy chain power bars. Already have had to pull a power bar from the opposite wall to plug in my bluetooth headset, one of my external hard drives, plus my work laptop Grin
Crisis
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Mon, 07 Apr 2008 17:13:30    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

lulz. You are the power bar Master Wink
Maybe try getting some power bars with +10 outlets. Should help clean up. Then again, might be a waste of moneyz lol
Modulok
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 07 Apr 2008 17:33:05    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

5 power bars?? I hope an UPS is in the mix as well...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Power All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: