Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: So... at work... 
BeerCheeze
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 12:38:57    Post Subject: Reply with quote

knight0334 wrote:
128 is ok if you go through and turn off every service that not needed, turn off XP visuals, remove any background image from your desktop, and dedicate a ton of HDD space for swap file.

I just built a machine for my wife's former boss. I tested XP Pro on it for crapz and gigglez with 128mb and I was surprised how well it ran once all the crap was turned off.

That's another part of the problem.. we don't have any admin access to these computer... And the HDD is slow... Basically it's a POS and shouldn't be running XP.

I can bring up XP and any SINGLE app with little problems... but by the time I load all the app's I need to do my job... I'm sitting there with and everything is swapping in and out of the swap file. It would take approx. 10 - 15 seconds to do a screen refresh. And over 2 min's to bring up a Visio drawing.

I would love to find some more memory around that I don't need and upgrade this even further... RAM = Good!! Laughing

And what's stupid.. from a business point of view... If I am waisting only 5% of my time waiting on this stupid thing to do something, then that means it's costing my company in just my time over $300 a month. Based on the price of RAM they could throw a 512MB in here and have an ROI (Return on Investment) in less than 2 weeks.

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved