Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Whoa, sweet!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dud3!
Forum abandoner

PostPosted: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 16:08:47    Post Subject: Whoa, sweet! Reply with quote View Single Post

I was going through files on the primary partition on the main HDD preparing to install 2K when I got to the "Hayes" folder. It was something I had downloaded before I got the latest driver from the Hayes website, and I saw a thing called "WALLY.EXE" that had an icon of Wally from Dilbert. I clicked it and it opened a flash program for the modem.

I picked V.90 and told it to flash, and a minute or two later it was done. This is the Hayes Accura external modem my dad got for $5 at flea market a few weeks ago BTW.

Anyway, now it's V.90, max speed shows up as 115K in diagnostics now instead of 56K, and I'm hoping that I can jack the port speed up past 115K which is as high as the modem would work correctly at before.

Everything is faster, and I ran www.bandwidthspeedtest.com/speedtest and while connected at 42K, it has 37K throughput. Now if only this phoneline was as good as the old house (50K with a winmodem)....

That was nice surprise! Smile

Little Bruin
Boo Boo

BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 16:22:00    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Speed is good
IceNine
*The Freshest*

PostPosted: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 16:39:56    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Are you getting broadband any time soon?

A letter to a soldier
Dud3!
Forum abandoner

PostPosted: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 23:13:18    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

No. Sad Only options are ISDN (overpriced), dual modems/phonelines, or Starband bi-directional satellite (overpriced).
IceNine
*The Freshest*

PostPosted: Sat, 25 Oct 2003 01:09:53    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

ISDN is overrated...

A letter to a soldier
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Sat, 25 Oct 2003 11:51:19    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

My In-laws just got Comcast Satellite ISP (and digital TV) and the price was pretty good for everything they got.

If your interested I'll get more details from them, and for a fee pass that info on.... Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: