Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
No bios beep
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shadowsilence
I <3 Chevrolet

PostPosted: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 13:48:33    Post Subject: No bios beep Reply with quote View Single Post

My buddy just build his sytem. When he powers it up. Fans come on, everything has power. The monitor says it's not connected, and there are no beeps what-so-ever. It's an Asus A8N-SLI premium, with a 6600 GT (actual model, I'm not aware of) and two gigs of Corsair XMS platinum PC3200. All dimm slots are full. I've never had a problem with no beeps what so over. Anyone have any recommendations as to what might be wrong?
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Kilamon
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 18:04:27    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Take all the stuff out (memory, video, add-in cards but leave the CPU) and then try to power on. See if it beeps then. If not, it may not have all the power connectors on it (my DFI has 5 power connections from the PSU) or the CPU may be oriented wrong or the mobo may be bad.
blfinche
Rated PG

PostPosted: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 08:41:02    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Make sure the power is plugged into the video card and the auxillary power is plugged in on the motherboard. I would try booting with just 2 sticks of memory to start.

Bobby
Shadowsilence
I <3 Chevrolet

PostPosted: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 14:57:05    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

blfinche wrote:
Make sure the power is plugged into the video card and the auxillary power is plugged in on the motherboard. I would try booting with just 2 sticks of memory to start.

Bobby

There is no auxilary power on his video card, and I tried just 1 stick of memory with still nothing. I even plugged in the extra motherboard power connector that's needed if the system was running in SLI, but that didn't work either.

Kilamon
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 00:34:24    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Sounds like it's either a bad motherboard or a bad PSU if it's not beeping with all power connected and nothing else on the board except the CPU. Rip out your own PSU (if it's powerful enough) and use it to test. No beeps? Bad mobo.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: