Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Magic sculpt?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Overclocking, Cooling, and Modding
View previous topic :: View next topic  
warstorm
Rated PG

PostPosted: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 19:27:40    Post Subject: Magic sculpt? Reply with quote View Single Post

Has anyone used magic-scuplt or anything like it? I am looking for a molding compund like that. All I can find up here is plaster and silicone. I need something I can shape and paint. Any help is appreciated.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Kilamon
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 11:08:03    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Sculpey. Google it.
HackaX0rus
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 17:08:44    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

what are you making with it?
Kilamon
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 18:26:35    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

HackaX0rus wrote:
what are you making with it?

I've seen people on mod forums use it for creating a 3d effect on their cases. One that comes to mind is a dragon. Sculpey is a polymer clay material used commonly by sculptors. This clay stays soft during the modeling process, and can then be baked in a home oven to a ceramic-like hardness. There are different types--most sculptors prefer the waxy pink Super Sculpey to the white, doughlike Sculpey. Super Sculpey can be mixed with other polymer clays such as Fimo or Promat to vary its working consistency and final hardness.

If you have a Lian Li (or any case with removable side panels), then you could make your sculpey on the case panel, throw it in the oven, remove it and voila, instant 3D image. If you have the pasta machine and a texture panel, you can do the entire panel. The only drawback is that it would act as an insulator, trapping heat. Of course, if you have a hot side panel, or your panel is acting to bleed off heat, you may have other concerns aside from the decorative.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Overclocking, Cooling, and Modding All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: