Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
DFI takes the overclocking world by storm!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Overclocking, Cooling, and Modding
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Fri, 08 Apr 2005 20:36:20    Post Subject: DFI takes the overclocking world by storm! Reply with quote View Single Post

I am unsure how I feel about this. Its awesome that they are referencing us in their news release, but it just seems weird to me... Great job Spire, thanks! And thanks to Asylum for helping out too...

Quote:
Hayward, CA (April 8, 2005) – Here we win again! DFI LANparty NF4 SLI-DR brings home the Editor’s Choice from the well-known Canadian website PCstats !And the famous tech news and reviews site, Bigbruin, also bestows its Highly Recommended medal plate with 5 out of 5 stars on the DFI LANparty UT NF4 ultra-D!

“It doesn't do the DFI LANParty NF4 SLI-DR justice to just say that it's fast; it's one of the fastest motherboard on the market that PCSTATS has ever tested!” stated in the PCstats article, “Of course the DFI LANParty NF4 SLI-DR is not simply fast, it's also one of the most well equipped motherboards on the market ” and it concluded with the praise:” Looking at the DFI LANParty NF4 SLI-DR, there's little doubt that it really is the best overclocking motherboard ever built to date.”

From the Bigbruin’s article, not only the product is acclaimed for its “incredible good looks, the most tweakable BIOS to date and as stable as can be”, but also the tech support forum, www.dfi-street.com, also won the heart of the reviewer! “DFI also has the industry leading customer support with their forum based DFI-Street.com, where customers can read through other folk’s issues and also post their own problems with a reasonable expectation to a solution.”

Further, the board’s recent future mark victory also drew the attention. “All one has to do is go to Futuremark’s listing of top 3DMark record holders and you will see, the majority of those records are held by DFI nF4 motherboards.” The board brings home the perfect score, 5 out of 5, together with the highly recommended medal plate!

For the complete article on PCstats, please go to http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=1768
For the complete article on BigBruin, please go to http://www.bigbruin.com/reviews05/dfiultrad/index.php?file=1
For more information on DFI motherboards, please visit http://www.dfi.com.tw

"the famous tech news and reviews site, Bigbruin" - umm, really?
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Spire
Hall Pass B!tch!!!

PostPosted: Fri, 08 Apr 2005 21:48:51    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Wow, high praises, I'm glad they liked it.
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Fri, 08 Apr 2005 22:36:03    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

NICE!!! That's GOTTA go in the + column for BB.
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Fri, 08 Apr 2005 22:40:37    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I was thinking about this... Its not as if DFI didn't have a bag full of reviews to choose from, as it seems every site touched one of their new boards. Very cool!
Shadowsilence
I <3 Chevrolet

PostPosted: Fri, 08 Apr 2005 22:42:11    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

We be on the map. WOO! Yikes
oldsage
Rated PG

PostPosted: Sun, 10 Apr 2005 23:24:51    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

There is one big problem with DFI motherboards and that is a serious lack of BIOS support. They will support their boards for a time after they release, but will totally drop support when a new version of the same board comes out.

They also don't fix as many bugs on their motherboards as other companies do. Reliable BIOS is not a key concern of the DFI management and apparently has never been a concern since they started releasing their Lanparty and overclock-featured boards.

Their focus is on making the fastest overclockable motherboard, but you take a lot of risks on using a DFI board of incompatibility and BIOS reliability problems.

This is just my experience with DFI boards in the past, and has been backed up by just going thru their site and checking the release dates and bugs fixed in BIOS patches on their motherboard products in comparison to other companies.
IceNine
*The Freshest*

PostPosted: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 13:17:46    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Great article guys!

Props to DFI but I don't overclock. I like my equipment to be stable and cool, which is why MSI is (almost) always my choice for mobos.

A letter to a soldier
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

JimBowy

PostPosted: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 14:40:11    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

IceNine wrote:
Great article guys!

Props to DFI but I don't overclock. I like my equipment to be stable and cool, which is why MSI is (almost) always my choice for mobos.

If you don't go nuts with the OC you can be both stable and cool. Wave

IceNine
*The Freshest*

PostPosted: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 14:49:50    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

First overclock I did was my Athlon 600 @ 700 on an FIC mobo and a generic GFD (blech). My board died after killing my proc. Then I "upgraded" to a Duron 800, oc'd it to 925 on an Abit board. Killed that too.

I suppose my bad luck (or stupidity) has stopped me from wanting to OC again Razz

A letter to a soldier
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Overclocking, Cooling, and Modding All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: