Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
256Mb Mp3 player
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Consumer Electronics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sarah_
Rated PG

PostPosted: Sun, 26 Dec 2004 15:05:32    Post Subject: 256Mb Mp3 player Reply with quote View Single Post

how many songs should it be able to hold? because I got one for christmas and its only holding about 53 songs
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Sun, 26 Dec 2004 15:27:25    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Hello and welcome.

As for how many... it really depends. On the length of the song, the type of file (MP3, WMA, etc..), etc..

Seems the songs you are loading on there are a little bigger than 4Mb's each... which is probably a little large. If they are MP3's they should be about 3-4 meg's each for average songs.

So i guess I'd have to ask where you are getting ths songs from? And have you tried to convert them to MP3's?
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Sun, 26 Dec 2004 20:28:18    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

The song file size will depend on the bit rate they were recorded in. 128 kbps may sound good on headphones and will take up less space than other common rates, like 160 or 192 kbps... But some people swear the higher bit rate recordings sound better (I can't hear it generally).

Are you ripping your own MP3s? And do you have control over the rate?

53 files may be about right though...

Oh... Welcome!! Wave
vulcan
Pleased but Sticky.

PostPosted: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 06:10:11    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I reckon that for the average 3 minute song you should be able to fit about 80 on there at a bitrate of 128kbps (i only know this only because thats how many used to fit onto mine)
sarah_
Rated PG

PostPosted: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 14:52:06    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

i dont no how to change my songs into MP3's. i always download my songs from a program called ARES. alot of people are able to fit at least 80 songs on their 256Mb mp3 player. i dont no what im doing wrong.

and thanks for the welcoming Smile
IceNine
*The Freshest*

PostPosted: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 14:55:54    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

You may be using a higher bitrate than normal. A "normal" bitrate is 128 or 160kbps. I prefer the higher range as it gives you higher sound quality, at the cost of a higher file size. 53 songs sounds about right for an average song size of ~5-6MBs.

A letter to a soldier
Wawabi
Rated PG

PostPosted: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 19:05:59    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

google for a program to convert music files to mp3 with specified bitrate. use 128kbps or lower. and you may hold up the songs u want. Wink
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

RainDownMyBlues
Rated PG

PostPosted: Thu, 07 Apr 2005 20:38:49    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Get the Creative Nomad Zen Xtra. or touch. But the 30 GIG Zen Xtra holds what, 10-12000 songs? And it has AMAZING sound quality over normal MP3 players. It does sound better than the Ipod even IMO. It may be slightly bulky but it fits very nicely in my hand, and I'd say I have realativly small hands for being a guy 6'1". Very nice. I never cared for the smaller players myself. And Your mp3 players should have come with software that can rip and change the compression rates and file format. Most do, or atleast those that I've owned.
FOX
I <3 Quail

PostPosted: Thu, 07 Apr 2005 22:20:28    Post Subject: Re: 256Mb Mp3 player Reply with quote View Single Post

sarah_ wrote:
how many songs should it be able to hold? because I got one for christmas and its only holding about 53 songs

thats about right.... if theres an expansion slot for upgrading the memory i would do that... its typically in the digital camera areas of most stores

http://www.facebook.com/DjFOXDnB
My site where I have my latest mixes! www.DjSourceInfo.com
Acura_TSX
Rated PG

PostPosted: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 14:36:46    Post Subject: Re: 256Mb Mp3 player Reply with quote View Single Post

I would recommend the Creative Movo. It's the best flash memory drive player at low price. Highly recommend!!!! King
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Consumer Electronics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: