Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Water cooling??
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Overclocking, Cooling, and Modding
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Puddin
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 16:52:50    Post Subject: Water cooling?? Reply with quote View Single Post

I was wionfdering if any of you do it also i am new to i i was lookign at the Koolence cases but the tubing is 1/4 in size. Thats tiny and not compatible with many CUP, VGA, or MoBo chiopset cooling blocks, i think Koolence is the only ones to make the 1/4th size that i have seen. That kind of disturbs me as i like the case, and the simple cooling ut the tubing and non compatibilty so i can mix and match coolers from Danger den or somone liek that. Anyheow here is the casse i was contemplating, just realease oct 15th.
http://www.koolance.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=28_43&products_id=163

any ideas?

Boo Boo

Dud3!
Forum abandoner

PostPosted: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 17:34:57    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

As much as I hate to send you off to another site, if you know as much about watercooling as it seems, you need to hang around XtremeResources (and dare I mention Xtreme Systems?), Extreme Overclocking, and some others before you buy anything.

Or you can skip all that a get a prommie.

NewAwakenings
Your Worst Nightmare

PostPosted: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 19:22:45    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

arent we all sooo helpful around here??? doesnt help much that you put that in the gossip and useless SPAM section of the forum though!!! Laughing Laughing

OOO Pleeease... Like you were the first person in this place to have him... we've passed him around like a Joint at a frat party! - Dr. EvilCheeze
dadx2mj
Happy Camper

PostPosted: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 20:09:37    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

LOL NA commenting on water cooling? Now that is spam.

You might wanna ask Big Bruin he has done a few reviews on water cooling. Check out the review section to get started.
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 20:09:51    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Enough people know water cooling here for some advice... although some forums Dud3! mentioned are all about extreme cooling, and nothing else!

I have an Innovatek kit that is 8mm ID tubing... basucally between 1/4 and 3/8 inch... I have a P4 2.6C that can get up to 3.3GHz on this. And the system cools cpu, chipset, and vga in series, through a single 120mm radiator, and back to the reservoir and 12V pump.

I was skeptical that it would cool it well, but it runs Folding@Home 24/7 and right now, after about 4 days straight up time it is at 36C on the CPU and 35C on the system sensor.
Puddin
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 21:46:25    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

yea his review on the water cooling kit is what got me here in the fourms.

But yea i got the Koolence case and i'll let u know how it runs. Its the new one release OCt 15th. I just hope theres nothgin wrong withh the new design.

I am gonna run the 64 3000+ or 3200+ 0.09nm processor which is very overcloackable with fans. they compair it to the P4 2.4. The Mbo is up in the air i am looking at the Epox board that just came out. and Ram that has 2-2-2-5 timing. not sure which exactly, either HyperX or Corsair or if i am feeling cheaper maybe PQI or OCZ ( mainly cause i am unfamiliar with the names)

I have my X800 Pro with the 16 pipes unlocked ( got loucky on the Comp USA one of them wasn;t Lazer cut)

And an External Sounblaster Extigy thats a decent as well. Has to many bells and whistles as i don;t even use em all.

But yea thats why i am planin on runnin.

Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 21:54:04    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Sounds like a sweet system!

I like the Koolance cases, as something like that would be really nice for the 2x120mm radiator I have sitting on my floor right now... not really portable (even if the rig didn't weigh nearly 70lbs anyway).

OCZ memory is good... we need to get some around here! May have some PQI to review soon enough, that reminds me, I should follow up with them... But, you can't can't go wrong with Corsair... a nd don't forget my new fabvorite... the Crucial Ballistix.

Last edited by Doctor Feelgood on Thu, 21 Oct 2004 22:03:11; edited 1 time in total
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Puddin
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 21:57:18    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

lol if thyey send u something to test out, wanna pass it on to me Smile it'd save abotu 200-250
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Overclocking, Cooling, and Modding All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: