Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Crucial Rant!!!!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dadx2mj
Happy Camper

PostPosted: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 12:36:47    Post Subject: Crucial Rant!!!! Reply with quote View Single Post

GGRrrr!!! About two years ago I bought two sticks of Crucial PC2100. They ran fine in the Soyo Dragon + mobo for about a year. Then one died so I RMA'd it. I had to exchange ram 3 times with them to get one that worked. They kept sending me ECC ram that the mobo did not support. Finally they sent me some non ECC ram and all was good until a week or two ago. Then the second original stick failed so I sent it back to them. Once again they send me back ECC ram and the system wont even boot with it in. So I call them back spend hours on the phone both with Tech Support and Customer service. They have my account all messed up and have other peoples names under my account and purchases I have never even made listed. They insist that the ram I originally bought was ECC and claim that they have never sold or shipped me any NON ECC ram. Even tho when I give them the #'s off the ram they sent me on the first RMA they agree it is non ECC. So now I sit with a stick of ram that wont work in the system and them saying they wont do anything about it. If you are going to buy Crucial ram make sure you buy it directly from them and not a 3rd party as that seems to make a big difference in how they treat the "Lifetime Warranty". I sent them an email asking for help yesterday but have not got a reply yet but am going to get on the phone again to try the "squeaky wheel gets the greece" theory.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 13:20:56    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Hey... Get a hold of me... I might want that RAM.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: