|Ultra Products Second Generation 500W X-Finity PSU - Page 1 of 5
One undeniable fact is that every computer requires power. Every power supply on the market will provide power to your computer, but something to keep in mind is whether that power is clean, stable, and reliable. I will be reviewing the latest power supply from Ultra Products , the 500W X-Finity 2nd Generation. Ultra has supplied me with a blue model for review; the product is also available in black and titanium. If 500W is not enough power for your system, Ultra Products also offers a 600W model. The updates on this power supply include both a new cable system called FlexForce, and Dual Rail Technology. I will look at these updates to see how they enhance the power supply, and whether they are worthy updates.
Specifications (from the Ultra Products web site):
NEW! X-Finity PSU - Featuring FlexForce Cables
Breakthrough technology! Phenomenal power distribution. Easy to manage cabling system! Extraordinary airflow! This sizzling new X-Finity power supply features the innovative new dual rail technology for better power distribution. You'll get the smooth, trouble-free performance that's perfect for your powerful gaming system. The FlexForces' incomparable cables are dressed in a great looking titanium silver finish. Specially engineered cable design promotes easy cable management and 30% better airflow than ordinary cables. Crafted to accommodate both AMD and Intel CPUs! 24/20-pin motherboard connection. 4-pin +12V Molex connectors. 4-pin floppy power connectors. PCI Express, SATA and 8-pin EPS connectors. Versatile. Dependable. Affordable. The X-Finity FlexForce ATX power supply.
What is FlexForce?
• Manageable - FlexForce Cables are designed to be easily routed and hidden within your case.
• Increased Airflow - Special design allows air to travel 30% more effective then standard cables, increasing efficiency.
• Design - Cables are dressed in a sleek looking titanium like finish.
1 - 20/24 Pin Motherboard Connector
1 - 4 Pin +12V Motherboard Connector
8 - 4 Pin Molex Connectors
2 - 4 Pin Floppy Power Connectors
2 - PCI Express Connectors
4 - SATA Connectors
1 - 8 Pin EPS Connector
What is Dual Rail Technology?
• Better Power Distribution - Dual Rail Technology distributes power to components that require it the most.
• Dedicated CPU Rail - Dedicated 12V Rail for the 2x2 Motherboard Connector
• More power where you need it...
Total Output Power: 500W (Full Load, Nominal Input Voltage)
Efficiency: 70% Typical at Full Load and Nominal Input Voltage
• Supports AMD and Intel Motherboards
• Low Acoustic Noise
• 120mm Fan
• Meets ATX Version 2.2, v1.3, and ATX 12V Version 2.03 Specifications
• Short Circuit Protection
• In-Rush Current Protection
• Thermal Overload Cutoff Protection
• MTBF > 100,000 Hours at Full Load, 110VAC and 25°C Ambient Condition
• FCC and UL Recognized
Please read on to the next page for more... Next
Page 1 | Page 2 | Page 3 | Page 4 | Page 5 | Home
Forum | Content Index | Image Hosting
Page Views: 13219