Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Top Tips
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vulcan
Pleased but Sticky.

PostPosted: Wed, 02 Mar 2005 18:13:23    Post Subject: Top Tips Reply with quote View Single Post

Straight fromm KAGA labs:

10. To protect your investment in that new DVD-/+RW, soak five or six cotton balls in alcohol (the higher the proof the better), place them in the tray and close it then hit the eject button to open it back up. Do this several times. Don't worry if you lose one of the cotton balls, just replace it with a freshly soaked one.

9. Over time, sound cards can get clogged up and start sounding muddy. It's a good idea to periodically go into the sound control panel and turn all the volume sliders to maximum. Don't forget turn the speaker volume to max, as well.

8. Computer cases, like aquariums, can become dirty and develop a layer of scum on their inside. To keep your computer scum-free, it is a good idea to buy a few snails from the local pet store and place them inside.

7. Floppy disks are meant to be floppy, the floppier they are the better they work. You should, on a regular basis, bend your floppies back and forth several times to keep them from stiffening up.

6. Every now and then check for loose hardware. Turn your PC on then pick it up and shake it as hard as possible. If something wasn't installed tight enough, it will have shaken loose and and you'll be able to hear the rattle. Dropping the PC from a few feet onto the desk surface will accomplish the same results.

5. If your computer is locking up, it's because it's tired and sleepy. Pour some fresh-brewed coffee on the motherboard to wake it up.

4. Keep that 15,000 rpm SCSI drive free of contaminants and running smoothly by squirting lighter fluid on it once it's reached operating temperature.

3. If you've made unwanted changes to a document or spreadsheet, just use the handy "reset" button to reverse the changes.

2. When using a microphone and speakers, place them as close to one another as possible to achieve the maximum desired effect.

1. Make your own wireless devices. All you need to do is install the recommended wireless card then you can cut the wires off your keyboard and mouse with a regular pair of scissors.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Dud3!
Forum abandoner

PostPosted: Wed, 02 Mar 2005 18:26:42    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Laughing
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Wed, 02 Mar 2005 19:12:52    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Dud3! - your friggin' signature and avatar are bogging things down again! WTF
NewAwakenings
Your Worst Nightmare

PostPosted: Wed, 02 Mar 2005 21:21:34    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

WTF.... hey BB doesn't his avatar look pretty familiar to you??? Confused Laughing Except your looked A LOT better, clearer anyway...LOL

OOO Pleeease... Like you were the first person in this place to have him... we've passed him around like a Joint at a frat party! - Dr. EvilCheeze
Shadowsilence
I <3 Chevrolet

PostPosted: Wed, 02 Mar 2005 21:27:41    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Wow, I've noticed several of those problems. I'm going to have to give those a try... on someone elses machine.
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Wed, 02 Mar 2005 21:29:33    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

That is mine! Laughing

He keeps linking to ones on a dead server which slows this place down as it tries to load... Last time he got Brad Pitt... this time I don't know why, but I gave him DRF!
dadx2mj
Happy Camper

PostPosted: Wed, 02 Mar 2005 21:40:59    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Should have given him a baby seal so Hackaxorus would have someone to play with LOL
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Dud3!
Forum abandoner

PostPosted: Thu, 03 Mar 2005 00:37:54    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Sorry guys, maybe we'll find a good host soon...

Can I host the stuff here?

Spire
Hall Pass B!tch!!!

PostPosted: Thu, 03 Mar 2005 00:42:05    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I think BB told you to host your sig an avatar here before!!!

We have as sticky in the site matters section...
Dud3!
Forum abandoner

PostPosted: Thu, 03 Mar 2005 01:05:31    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Fixed, sorry for all the trouble...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> The Den All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: