Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: Proposed new computer 
caligo
Rated R

PostPosted: Thu, 11 Nov 2010 21:16:37    Post Subject: Reply with quote

Would possible replace the graphics cards incase you end up needing some more power at some point with a 9500GT. It is still an XFX, so same warranty. (XFX PVT95GYAJ2 GeForce 9500 GT 512MB 128-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card ~$50 after rebate)

CPU and Motherboard are fine. Would definitely recommend staying with the Quad core. You may want to shop around for prices. If you don't mind rebates, newegg has the motherboard for $84 after rebate. If you have a microcenter nearby or even a frys, I would recommend looking at what combos are on sale. Those two places tend to have some great sales.

Memory- Depending on how much you work with photos and what programs you will be using the extra memory will be helpful. I have seen some 4GB kits for around $50. If you can save money on the motherboard or processor go with 8 GB of ram. Photoshop will benefit from this.

Your power supply should be fine.

Never heard of the case and for the price I would probably keep looking around. Though I did find it on tigerdirect for about $50 shipped if that is what you want. You may want to check amazon as well. Over all you system shouldn't be producing that much heat. It will be mainly the cpu, so overall it should be fine with any heat produced. If you want lower temps on the cpu you can always go for an after market cooler.

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved