Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: ASUS Xonar HDAV1.3 Slim Audio Card 
acruxksa
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 00:11:27    Post Subject: Reply with quote

Shadowsilence wrote:
Okay, I'm not very audio savvy. But I have some odd questions. I see this has HDMI in and out. So I run hdmi from a device through the card, then out to my reciever. Okay nifty. Right now I have a Nivida 9800 GX2 that has HDMI out, and it plugs into the onboard sound of my mobo. So it connects to my reciever, and I get audio/visual awesome out of one cable. If I purchased this card, I could disconnect the cable from my video card and my motherboard, route it through the Asus Xonar and get better audio than the setup I have now? Would it even be noticable?

Shadowsilence, you are correct, however, you wouldn't get better sound unless you were watching a blu-ray movie and had a receiver that could decode the newer high definition audio tracks. The other option is to decode these tracks on the computer and send them to the receiver via multi-channel pcm, which would give you similar sound, but requires several audio cable connections from the computer to the receiver and a blu-ray software player capable of decoding the hd audio tracks.

The other thing worth mentioning is that the difference in audio quality between Dobly Surround / DTS when compared to their high definition counterparts Dolby HD / DTS Master Audio can very greatly depending on the movie/soundtrack. I found that some movies and soundtracks contained obvious improvements while others appeared to offer little to no improvement.

I'm pretty happy with the card on the whole though, because when you do get a blu-ray disc with a great HD audio track, it rocks.

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved