Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: Q6600 overclock details. 
brag
Rated PG

PostPosted: Sun, 23 Dec 2007 15:06:57    Post Subject: Reply with quote

Jynxx wrote:
UPDATE!
Ok, so i went and got a cheap 2gb USB key and loaded the 1303 BIOS on there... even worse move. I have a Reclusa keyboard, and wasn't aware of the problems the 1303 bios had with them. Took me hours to figure out why I couldn't get past the "republic of gamers" logo.
When I finally gave up and looked it up from my laptop, I took out every usb device except my USB key drive.... it worked! I rolled the bios down to 1301 and OH MY FREAKING WOW.... huge difference. I also took out my two 512mb ram sticks, after reading the posts on THIS thread saying that the striker sometimes doesn't like all 4 sticks in use.

I am now stable at 3.4, and have been at 29c for over an hour!

Here are some screenies to show my results. I am ECSTATIC! I know no one replied to my post yet (there was barely time between my posts!) but a HUGE thank you to you guys, it was THIS THREAD that helped me (and I searched for days and days about this!!), so THAAAANK YOU!

!!!

Jynxx you are awesome, i've been trying to get this thing over 1250fsb for days Razz That 1305 bios seems a bit crap imo.

1301 = winner, now running at @ idle on all 4 cores(coretemp 37,34,34,33), using the Thermalright 120 ultra HSF with a 120mm Noctua fan attached.

I'll run everest and get some stats up for you.

Then I'm gunna try for 3.4 following your voltage guide for the striker board.

Thanks Grin

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved