Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: Q6600 overclock details. 
acruxksa
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 14:40:16    Post Subject: Reply with quote

the_captain,
There is a good C2D overclocking guide at Toms Hardware Your Gigabyte P35 board should be close enough to the non P35 board to get things going smoothly. The q6600 is essentially 2 e6600, so follow the multiplier and fsb settings for the e6600. If stability is the most important thing, I wouldn't recommend overclocking, however, 3.0Ghz should be easy to get 100% stable on the system with the TT120. I'm not familiar with the coolermaster hsf you have on the DS3R system and if you aren't able to closely monitor cpu die temps I wouldn't overclock it. Also, I wouldn't jump right to the voltages recommended in the guide. I would start out with small increases to mch and fsb (+.05v) and see if that works for you. 1.35v should be enough for the q6600's that use 1.275v at default and 1.375v for the ones that default to 1.325v.

I am not aware of a core temp monitoring program that is network aware, but that doesn't mean they don't exist.

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved