Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: Q6600 overclock details. 
the_captain
Rated PG

PostPosted: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 13:36:36    Post Subject: Another OC NOOB q6600 & p35-dq6 Reply with quote

Hi there all, I'm new to this forum and have been cruising around the other OC sites and ran across your posts.

Thanks a bunch acruxksa for all the info. And npultra, you have a pretty close setup to mine. I have been building my own systems for years now but never messed with overclocking. But as my signature shows, I built a pretty robust system, that without overclocking, is kind of a waste. I do architectural viz work, so using 4 cores, as well as quad render nodes really speeds up my work. So I'm looking for stability, and machines that I can leave on while out of town that I can send renders to via ftp.

SOOO....that mean rock solid stable.

Would someone be willing to right up an OC plan for me for my board and CPU? I've bumped up the memory to the 1066 on the board and set the mem timings and increased the voltage to the mem for the recommended 2.2V. I read about increasing the CPU multiplier to 9 and increasing the FSB to 333. But I am unsure of the rest of the voltages.

I really need a blow by blow account of how to OC this chip and board. Thats for my tower, I can go a little more racey with that than my nodes.

I use a GA-P35-DS3R and a q6600 for my render nodes. I use the desktop media case from silverstone, which is pretty good at keeping my cpu cool but not as cool as the tower. I also couldnt fit a Tuniq in that baby. SO I have a coolmaster in it. Any clue as to timings on that combo? These puppies have to be really stable as they will render frames 24/7 when they are working.

Last and final question....is there a cpu temp monitor program that will collect all the temps cpus from computers on a network so I can look at a central command panel and see that everything is within tolerances?

I've been running my own business for a year now and its been going well. I try to do all the tech stuff myself, I do all my own networking and system building and these forums have been invaluable to me. I would really appreciate the help.

If I can give back in someway for the time anyone could put into this, such as doing a bit of rendering on my farm for someone, I can hack that.

Thanks much

John

www.piratedesign.com
8800GTS 640mb
Silverstone tower TJ
4x1gb corsair ddr2
2x150gb WD raptors
2x500gb WD RAID 1

John

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved