Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: Q6600 overclock details. 
acruxksa
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 05 Jun 2007 13:07:25    Post Subject: Reply with quote

qwwwizx,
I would still try to reseat the hsf first. Take it off, check the contact patch so see if it is making good contact with the cpu (ihs). It looks like the guy in the link you posted got some real improvements by lapping the ihs. I have even seen / heard of people pulling the ihs off, which I wouldn't recommend. Lapping it may help you though. I think you should be able to bring temps down with a combination of reseating and some case flow improvements. If this doesn't work you can then try lapping the ihs. I don't think the differences in our cpu's, memory and ambient temps should amount to more than 5-6c in cpu die temp. Shoot for the mid 60's and you should be ok.

RRA,
3.0Ghz seems to be a nice setting for these cpu's. The only other real option that I see is 3.2Ghz (8x400). You certainly have the memory to go higher, but it's a question of heat and noise. I read about people getting as high as 3.6Ghz on air, but I'm pretty sure they aren't doing it with out some serious fan noise Grin .

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved