Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: Q6600 overclock details. 
acruxksa
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Sat, 02 Jun 2007 14:36:31    Post Subject: Reply with quote

qwwwizx wrote:
Ok, thanks

I just tryed to overclock the system a little more - trying to get the memory and system clock up. Memory is running at 293 MHz. When I go to 300 MHz, the system crashes!

Based on the numbers mentioned before, what can be wrong. Can it be, that I need to adjust some voltage or something before clock the memory further?

Have you tried skipping the 290's and going straight to 330-335Mhz? I'm not sure where the fsb straps for your board ( or mine for that matter ) make the switch, but I know that my mobo doesn't like any fsb between 360-399. It would work fine at 400 with my old e6400, but not any lower. It could be something similar at the fsb's your talking about. Just try using something near 333Mhz. You may need to try 332 and 334 like npultra did, but it might help. Also, set your memory to run 667Mhz. If things work OK, you can try bumping it up down the road.

To be honest, I'm not really familiar with the voltage options on your mobo so I can't really give you specific recommendations in that department. The 680i's seem to be great overclockers, but can also be quite picky about hardware and settings.

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved