Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: Q6600 overclock details. 
acruxksa
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Sat, 02 Jun 2007 04:20:29    Post Subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure what changes gigabyte put into the p35 mobo's, so it may be something as simple as waiting for a bios update. A lot of times this is the case, especially when you see odd behavior like you mention. ie. works at 330, but not 333. It could be any number of things, perhaps the bios has background settings at 333 that are different from the settings at 330 and your system doesn't like them.

In the mean time there are a couple things you might want to look at. **please note that increasing voltages isn't %100 safe** If you up them in moderation you should be ok provided you have good cooling and a psu that can handle it, but there are no guarantee's

Sometimes with all four slots filled you need to relax your ram timings regardless of how good the ram is. This may include changing from 1T to 2T which my DQ6 did automatically, but the P35's may be different. Also, with 4 dimms, it puts quite a load on the mobo and frequently requires a little more juice to get things running smoothly. I wouldn't hesitate to go to +.1 on both mch and fsb and maybe +.15 on mch, but not much more than that. I wouldn't go any higher than +.1 on the fsb. You need to pay close attention to chipset cooling when you bump up these voltages though. Also, I wouldn't go higher than 2.2v for the dimm voltage.

Chipset and cpu cooling are very important. 68c is a bit higher than what I would consider safe. I don't believe it is deadly to your cpu in the near term, but I wouldn't recommend running it at that temp for extended periods. In general you should shoot for loaded temps of 60c or less, even if it means lowering vcore and slowing the cpu down. I don't really have a recommended temp for the chipset, but you should insure that the chipset coolers have good contact with the chipset and get good airflow across their heatsinks.

What video card and psu are you using? OS? gpu driver version? If it's prime stable at 334fsb, it may be a video card/pci-e issue/driver issue.

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved