Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: Thermaltake Armor VA8000 Tower Case 
Reaper450128
Rated PG

PostPosted: Thu, 07 Jul 2005 07:52:38    Post Subject: Little late to the party but... Reply with quote

I don't know how many people are still checking this thread but since I have the silver version of this case I thought I would add a few things to the mix. No one has mentioned anything about the fact that the silver version is aluminum and not steel, that's why there is a price difference. It also only weighs 7.5kg (16.5lbs), and the weight is the reason I went with it over the black one, as much as I like black cases.

squee, I think this is what you are looking for, but good luck finding it. I was looking for an extra cage so I could add another fan and a RAID5 array, and found this on their site in my search. I did a quick search on froogle looking for them for sale, and can't find it, but an email to ThermalTake might help that.

Personally I am very pleased with this case, it looks good, it's pretty light (as long as you shell out for the silver one) and the airflow inside really is excellent. I almost think I could get away with returning to air cooling, but I like the overclocking capacity the water gives me. My only problem with the case so far is the card holder tabs like squee mentioned, I keep popping my backplane USB bracket into the case when I plug things into it, same with anything else that doesn't plug into the board. I haven't traveled with it yet to see how anything else holds together, but I'm moving in a couple weeks so I'll find out then. It was either this or the Kandalf, and as far as I can tell the Kandalf is just an Armor with removable extensions on the front flaps.
-Antec NeoPower 480
-ThermalTake Armor VA8000SWA
-Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 40
-Seagate Barracuda ATA IV 80GB
-2xWD Caviar SE 200GB in RAID0 array
-Seagate Cheetah X15 18GB
-Western Dgital Caviar SE 250GB
-M-Audio Revolution 7.1
-Encore ENGLA-1320 10/100/1000 NIC
-Plextor Premium
-NEC ND3520ASV (silver to match the case)

-Swiftech MCW6002 Waterblock
-Hydor L30II Pump
-Dtek Customs Pro-120 Unpainted Heater Core
-Swiftech MCB-120 RadBox
-CrazyPC 5.25" UV Blue Reservoir
-1/2"x5/8" ClearFlex 60 Tubing Throughout

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved