Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: Thermaltake Armor VA8000 Tower Case 
squee
Rated PG

PostPosted: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 23:27:23    Post Subject: Armor Full Tower Case Reply with quote

Well I finally got my Armor case.... After about 4 hours of installing everything in to it, I was sadly somewhat disappointed with the quality control of some of their designs.

For starts those green screw less locking tabs for PCI cards, well let me tell you they (The green lever itself) comes off easily, but impossible to get back in....
And then they don't seem to hold very well either, because when I was pushing on a cable on the outside the PCI card just slid right out of the socket.

The hard drive bay located next to the power supply, well I was sadly disappointed when it requires a flathead screwdriver and some force to get the cage out.... You would have thought they would make it easily slide in and out....

Also there is no support for full length PCI Cards, not sure if this is so safe for the card, it would be nice if they had an accessory that would give it support, like that useless bracket that you’re suppose to put on that locks your power supply (this is the bracket that everyone is like no clue what its' for, you should probably read the manual)

The front drive bay with blue fan... I tell you the front of the computer looks very nice with the blue behind the black front in the dark however, it would be nice if the blue effect radiated from the whole front, not just the bottom. It would be nice if you could buy extra of those mounting thingy’s so you could have like 2 or even 3 blue fans in the front, since they have no way of attaching the fans to the case itself.

I've got to say I was rather impressed with the location of screw placement for motherboards, and nice labels, I had every screw post line up except for 1 out of 12 (I think) and I’ve got an oversize odd motherboard, so I was impressed with that.

Somewhat disappointed with the length of the cable for the switch that monitors when the case is opened.

Also another accessory they should sell would be like the right side panel, so we could use it on the left for those who don't prefer to look at the insides of their computer.

Overall I’m impressed with the airflow, as my system is running a lot cooler then before, and its like almost silent too, Smile Smile

I'm even thinking of getting another one of these cases to use for a RAID computer with 14 hard drives in it, and it would keep them all very cool, although the steep price causes me to think twice and watch the budget, since I just bought another gig of ram for the system Smile

As far as that center 5.25 slot in the front where you can't use the clear self locking things that's designed for a 3.5 drive.... had a difficult time screwing in the zip drive to there, not sure if the 3.5 to 5.25 conversion tray comes out or not.

So if anyone is willing to sell their front fan drive bay fixture, please let me know, thanks a lot.
Wave

Andrew [Squee]
Pay It Forward --->
.:: Pay It Forward Philadelphia ::.
http://www.leadershipinc.org/payitforward.html

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved