Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: AC Ryan RyanPower2 550W PSU 
Geist
Rated PG

PostPosted: Tue, 01 Mar 2005 22:17:59    Post Subject: hmpf.... Reply with quote

Hi Spike and Thx for the welcome. Smile

Well some thoughts to mention on the 3.3 V rail: my 3.3 V rail was extremely jumpy not to say crappy (sometimes at 2.65 Volts!!!) back then when I had my 450 W BeQuiet running my rig (spec see post above). The 12 V rail was near dead, too, and that was because of the pressie drained too much, while beeing clocked at 3.8 ghz. With default specs I had no probs at all.

"When you up the voltage to acheive a faster overclock, how does that affect the actual power that a CPU draws?" <-> You won´t want to tell me an overclocked cpu doesn´t consume a greater amount of watt, do you? Every component you overclock gets more volts, runs faster in terms of herz, gets hotter (well most...Grin) and consume more power, of course. It´s that simple. An overclocked cpu stresses a 12 V rail more than when it´s run on default specs. So that was my point... That´s maybe why ppl tend to say "faster=more need of power"; the point is actually that you want a stronger 12 V rail with plenty amperes. The Ryanpower2 i.e. calims to be able to hold a 30 amps peak. And THAT´s what I wanted to point out. You just can´t "peak" this psu with a 2.4A cpu. And this is pretty much like "overclockers 101"....

I mean....oh my, maybe this is just some of these "scatter my current believes in how things work"-day, but if so, then please explain me why I´m wrong! Smile

Geist

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved