Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: AC Ryan RyanPower2 550W PSU 
Geist
Rated PG

PostPosted: Tue, 01 Mar 2005 17:25:48    Post Subject: ah well.... Reply with quote

Hi all,
I´m new here and I found out about your Ryanpower2 review which is the second one someone ever made about an A.C. Ryan psu. I had a hard time looking for other reviews and I only found a finnish one... Rolling Eyes <-> Communication was...well complicated. Smile

I was really excited about reading your review then. I found it to be well written, informative and it was for sure another positive step for my decision to by a Ryanpower2 550 W (which I ordered today...).

What usually kinda bugs me is the test system setup. In your case the "kitchen sink system!", too. This system simply doesn´t drain enough power! I mean, come on, a 2.4A with a Radeon card (btw. which one?! 9700/9800 usually don´t tend to make any trouble, even when using a 400 W psu made by xyz-banana-company.). Ok, you tried to bring in the "how-many-drives-can-be-attached"-thing (even under heavy drive operations load) and I´m sure this is a good way getting a clue about rail stability. But overall I´d more preferred a setup with a highend pressie, overlocked about some hundred mhzs with a 6800 GT/Ultra AND 4 drives. That would have been a near-proof for stability.

I used to power my system (6x 7200 Sata hdds, 3.4 pressie@3.8 and 6800 gt) with one of these crappy BeQuiet 450 W psus, which - btw. - were all rated "superb/nice/recommendation" and the like. I couldn´t even play ol´ quake 3 with that setup, cause the cpu and gfx were the critical power draining components. And that is what should be tested when reviewing a psu in my opinion. Is it prime stable, how does it perform with some highend overclocked cpu under heavy load, 3dmark, etc? Just throwing in some LED´s, fans, lights and the like doesn´t proof anything imho.

The finnish hardware site made the review with an old Athlon XP test system by the way. By finding out about that, I then only was interested in looking at the pics of the internal view he made. Simply because I knew his measurements weren´t worth the look. Your "kitchen sink system" is better in the means of power drain, but surely understated when it comes to 500+ W psus imho.

Greets
Geist

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved