Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: Monitors - LCD vs. CRT 
Cosine
Rated PG

PostPosted: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 16:36:32    Post Subject: A few corrections Reply with quote

There's a few things to consider when talking about the image quality of LCD vs. CRT monitors that are missing from the review.

- first off the reason LCD's have such high brightness numbers (often fudged) is to compensate for the lousy (and also often fudged) contrast ratios

- secondly in terms of response time, even the 16ms screens show a lot of ghosting on moving images, I've had three different 16ms screens returned by users for this reason, all from different manufactorers

- thirdly, unless you are running the LCD at it's native resolution, which 95% of people aren't when I check, the image looks like fuzzy crap

- lastly, touting the "sharper image' quality of LCD's is a total non-started, you know all those "cleartype' font filtering schemes? They're there to remove the (now totally visable) jagged lines in images that the 'sharper' LCD now shows.

Go to ANY web design dept, animation studio, CAD dept and count up the CRT's vs. LCDs. let me know what you find.

Cos

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved