Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: Rig core upgrade 
Nookie420
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Fri, 31 Aug 2012 01:59:58    Post Subject: Reply with quote

yeah man, I REALLY wanted the EVGA Z77 FTW board, at $300 it would be the most expensive board I've ever bought. I'm a member on the EVGA forums since I currently own a board, and am on my 5th EVGA video card. The forum subsection for the z77 board.... will make you never want to buy an evga boar ever again. That board has more issues, the non intel SATA controller doesnt work at all, so some of the sata ports are 0% functional, you cannot run 4 sticks of ram at XMP spec, or even close, you can't run 2 stick of ram at xmp unless you are super lucky, at most 2000mhz, all bios issues. The boards on like its 5th bios release and nothing has been getting fixed. tons of hardcore evga guys are pissed. It really sucks because that board is superb in every physical way, the layout is perfect imo, i love angled atx24 pin connectors, etc. etc.

I was going to go with the Asus Maximus V Formula board, it has working, superior EUFI bios, better onboard sound. But a lot of people are having physical issues with the board, bad ram slots, and s#!7.

I am glad I don't have money in hand right now. I'd be $ burning a hole in my pocket with no motherboard. I would like to get the case and watercooling loop ordered and semi installed though, radiator and res and tubing ran as much as possible and test the pump.

its actually nice, I'll be building almost an entire new system minus psu and graphics card. Then once I upgrade them, I can have a back up rig :-D
Asus Maximus V Formula | i5 3570k @ 4.7Ghz | 2 x EVGA GTX 680 Classified | | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance | XSPC Raystorm RX 360 Extreme D5 custom loop | Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB | WD 2 TB Black | Corsair AX1200 | Corsair 800D | Windows 8.1 Pro
[COLOR="#0000FF"]Backup rig[/COLOR]
EVGA 780i SLI | Q9550 @ 3.54 Ghz | EVGA GTX 580 Classified | 4 GB Dominator | Corsiar H100 | OCZ Vertex 4 120 GB | WD 500 GB Black | Antec TQP 1000 | Lian-Li PCA10B | Windows 8.1 Pro

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved