Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Lenovo W700DS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 11:38:24    Post Subject: Lenovo W700DS Reply with quote View Single Post

My Lenovo rep just brought in their new massive laptop for me to check out. It is the W700DS. W700 means it has a 17" screen. Impressive, but not THAT impressive...

DS stands for Dual Screen. In addition to the 17" main screen there is a much smaller 10" (vertically) screen that slides out on the right side from behind the 17" main screen.

The 10" screen might not be overly useful for most applications, but if you have IM, mail client, CAD tools, Photoshop Tools, etc those can all go on that side screen, allowing your other apps to use the main screen. For users of CAD and PHotoshop where color correction is important, it has a built color correction.

The model she brought in is a Quad Core with 8GB of memory, and dual hard drives in Raid 0.

I only wish I didn't have to let her take it back with her!
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 11:43:45    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

A second screen would be cool.

How heavy was it? Sounds like a beast.
Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 15:58:01    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Oh it's a beast....

11lbs!
KingCountyDowny
Rated PG

PostPosted: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 12:04:41    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

That sounds like a very cool laptop. Would be great for keeping xfire visible during gaming.
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Sun, 14 Jun 2009 11:40:46    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

On one side you have Netbooks... on the other side apparently they are going back to "lugables" Laughing

Cool idea though. But bet it has the battery life of measured in minutes.
TomatoSlayer
Rated PG-13

PostPosted: Sun, 14 Jun 2009 20:20:58    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

KingCountyDowny wrote:
That sounds like a very cool laptop. Would be great for keeping xfire visible during gaming.

I don't think you're going to get much gaming in with a Lenovo, unless it's MS Hearts or Solitaire.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: