Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Montreal
Anyone know much about it?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Sat, 06 Jun 2009 11:35:14    Post Subject: Montreal Reply with quote View Single Post

So I know we have a few Kuncks here, and in a week I'm going to be heading up to Montreal for business. So I'm looking for any advise on any places to eat, or places to go while I'm there.

Not getting a car, but we'll have taxi money Grin. We have a person up there that we want to take out to thank him for all his help, so I'd like to find some place real nice to take him.

Thanks!
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Bojamijams
Rated PG

PostPosted: Sun, 07 Jun 2009 15:02:38    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Go downtown on foot and visit everything!

For good, look for the smallest/homeliest, family owned looking restaurant place and eat there. Avoid any and all chains. The family places in montreal are the food/drink worth consuming.
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Sun, 07 Jun 2009 15:57:13    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Thanks, unfortunately I'm there for business and won't have time to wonder around.

I ALWAYS TRY to avoid chains, their food is always so generic. Best chain is TGIF's, and I can only handle that once in a while.
Digerati
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Sun, 07 Jun 2009 20:42:45    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Kuncks? I think you mean Canucks. Smile

The Montreal Botanical Garden is a very nice place to visit while you're there. Also, Montreal certainly has some good restaurants, so the food is definitely something you'll want to try out. I remember eating at a Mediterranean/Lebanese restaurant three years ago (can't remember name at all) that had incredibly delicious dishes - their cuisine is quite good. Also, the weather in Montreal is pretty nice this time of the year I think.

Enjoy your time there. Smile
Enigmachine
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Mon, 08 Jun 2009 07:23:20    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Technically I'm not from Montreal but I do eat there on weekends. Smile

I'm assuming you'll be downtown so I have three recommendations:
1) Avoid eating in the 'historic', old Montreal. The food is good but often more expensive as it's a very tourism-oriented area. You can find restaurants a few blocks away that are just as good.
2) For example, you can eat in Chinatown. It's not the typical french-canadian fare but most places are fine and won't make you sick. Smile
3) You should take a walk down St-Denis street and stop at cafés there. It's what Montrealers do in the summer, there's a lot of cafés and small restaurants that are quite good. St-Catherine or St-Laurent street close to St-Denis also have good spots as far as I know.

As far as things to see it really depends on what you like! Montreal has no shortages, but some museums can be expensive (imho, the entry fee is not always a match for the collections - the Pointe-a-Calliere museum is one exemple of that). The Cirque du Soleil is in town but I doubt you can find tickets for that in a week. Smile You should take a peek around the historic Montreal even if you don't eat there and hm... I don't know... I think the festivals season is starting soon, you may be a week early though!

I hope this helps, if any Montrealer thinks I'm wrong please tell me! Grin

edit: Oh yeah, if you enjoy watching exotic animals, you might enjoy the Biodome, I found how they maintain 5 environments serapate technically impressive, and some of the animals are 'in the wild', sometimes just scampering about your feet or flying overhead.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> The Den All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: