Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
keyboard/ usb problem
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dfran
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 13:54:24    Post Subject: keyboard/ usb problem Reply with quote View Single Post

my keyboard keeps disconnecting, and reconnecting, when it happens you hear the sound as if a usb device was physically being unplugged and plugged back in. At first I thought it was my old keyboard, mx5000, which was wireless, when I got my G15 I thought my disconnect problems were over, but no, it still does the same thing. What kind of problem could be causing this? Could it be the bios?

thanks for any help,
df

G-Skill F2800, PC2 8500, 2 x 2G
EVGA 8800GTS(@600, 902)
Corsair TX750
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

timberwolf
Rated R

PostPosted: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 14:54:51    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Have you tried any onther USB ports to make sure it isn't a faulty port? That is the only thing I can think up of right now.
borschtBomber[SS]
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 15:53:59    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Yeah, what port are you using? Is it an onboard port of a port that comes off a header on the motherboard? Because its happening with another keyboard I agree with timberwolf that it sounds like a faulty port..maybe there is a loose connection somewhere.
T-shirt
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 17:48:24    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I vote for the bad port (probably got yanked on at some point) try a different one, even if you temporarily have to disconnect something else
javajeff
Rated PG-13

PostPosted: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 10:40:44    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Are you plugging it into a USB hub or a direct USB port? Also, there are USB settings in the bios. You may want to try to update your chipset driver as well.
Kilamon
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 10:53:38    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

bet you it's a bad port or dirty contacts.

Dfran, is it me or are you constantly having pc problems? What are you doing to these poor machines?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: