Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Some advice needed.
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Overclocking, Cooling, and Modding
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blob
Rated PG

PostPosted: Tue, 29 May 2007 05:06:13    Post Subject: Some advice needed. Reply with quote View Single Post

Greetings,I would like to buy a cooler for my P4 3.0 ghz LGA 775 processor.
My current choice is between the TT BT VX or the Tuniq Tower 120.

I also read about the new V1 and was wondering how much better is that one compared to these two?
If there's a better cooler than those three,please feel free to offer.
Thanks in advance. Wave
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

acruxksa
Doh!

PostPosted: Tue, 29 May 2007 11:24:46    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

People seem to like both of those options. I'd lean towards the Tuniq tower personally. Not sure how the V1 would compare.
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Tue, 29 May 2007 12:05:15    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

If you have room for the Tuniq, I highly recommend it. It has been my favorite since I first got it like 2 years ago. I haven't used the others, and the reviews here (and elsewhere) say they are good, too. All will set you back about the same money, but the Typhoon VX may be slightly cheaper.
Blob
Rated PG

PostPosted: Wed, 30 May 2007 06:48:54    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Thanks =] Seems like Tuniq it is,especially that it can be tweaked:shave the base,close the sides for better airflow.

Any chance I could run my 3.0 at 3.8(which is the max it could go)?
knight0334
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 30 May 2007 13:40:16    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I dont see any reason why not.. those P4 overclock like crazy with proper cooling, good PSU's, good RAM and the right bios tweeks.
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Wed, 30 May 2007 14:46:30    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Yeah - no one can predict an OC, even for a nearly identical setup... Your goal sounds reasonable, but you won't know until you try.
Dimensionjew
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Wed, 30 May 2007 21:04:50    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Yeah, I got my P4 3.0Ghz overclocked to 4.0Ghz with the TT Big Typhoon, and it is not the VX version. a 500w PSU ( dont remember the brand...) 2GB ocz memory DDR2667 and an Asus P5LD2 Deluxe Mobo. Yup, they do indeed overclock like crazy.

Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Blob
Rated PG

PostPosted: Thu, 31 May 2007 08:28:16    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

well,my setup isn't all that good...
got a gig(2x512) of 533mhz DDR II Samsung memory,has copper heatsinks,don't think they help ><"
As for the PSU,I got the generic one that came with the case,it's a Compucase 6A19,the PSU is a HEC-300AR-TF,300 Watt.
For the motherboard I have an Asus P5LD2 Deluxe.

Another question:Is it possible to OC my graphic card a little? It's a Leadtek Winfast GeForce 6600GT TDH Extreme 128mb 128bit

BTW,the reason I named the number 3.8ghz is because some program I used(can't remember which one) said that it's the max frequency for my cpu.
knight0334
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Thu, 31 May 2007 09:34:07    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Yeah... its possible... do a Google for "Rivatuner". I've used it for OC'm both nVidia and ATI cards for years.
Tau
Rated PG-13

PostPosted: Thu, 31 May 2007 14:17:54    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Tuniq Tower is the best air cooler on the market period. V1 is nice, and MUCH better then the Typhoon. i would reccomened the Tuniq Tower.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Overclocking, Cooling, and Modding All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: